Wine and vintages

Started by Zalanthan Wine Snob, November 17, 2004, 12:51:29 AM

Just so everyone knows, there is no such thing on Zalanthas as an 83 ginka Pinot Grigio.  While it may be obvious to some, I feel that some need to be reminded that going to a tavern and ordering that sort of thing is more than a little gauche.  Wines are known by the fruit they are made from and/or the people who produce them.

Incorrect.
Wines ICly do have vintage years.   Just because it isn't coded, doesn't mean it isn't so.
-A

I'm not sure the Wine Snob is referring to the vintage so much as he/she's referring to the variety of wine. I highly doubt there's any such thing as a Pinot Grigio in Zalanthas, '83, 4287, last nekrete, or otherwise.

It would be an '83 ginka, or a '50 Reynolte Reserve, or a '06 japuaar extra fancy, if you'd like.  But not a chablis, or a burgundy, or a port.

Quote from: "Bestatte"It would be an '83 ginka, or a '50 Reynolte Reserve, or a '06 japuaar extra fancy, if you'd like.  But not a chablis, or a burgundy, or a port.

AH HA! I'll take a 40OZ Reynolte Reserve!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

My point was not about the year, but about the fact that the term Pinot Grigio was used.  This is not something that exists on Zalanthas.

Before anyone gets frustrated, let me step forward and admit that was me in game who ordered the Pinot Grigio.

There's no excuse for bad emoting, so I apologize for offending you.

If you have any more problems from that character, just post a general, polite note to the board (like the one you did here) and I'll read your advice, and take any necessary efforts to avoid detracting from your enjoyment of the game.

I'll admit that I laughed when I heard about this. Though yes, it's very jarring and not appropriate, it's funny as hell.  Can you please order a Chianti next time. Please?

Nah, there is no reason to be hard on someone for an honest mistake, if you are not a newbie however, well, that just makes it funnier.  I mean, we do have whiskey in game.. I always find that a bit odd. I don't see why someone wouldn't mistake the fact that we don't sell a nice crisp white wine.

I am sorry, I know it's wrong to laugh at this. But its great that someone go so upset over it that they posted here. Maybe next time E:mail the mud and let them speak to our fine palliated wine drinking friends. I am sure Mr. Guzzler feels silly enough.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

There's also year 83.  Ages end at the year 78.

We don't need to jump all over the guy, it's just goofy.