Who do you think will win?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

1: Cthulu
2: Noone
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!

Quote from: "Dan"Two part question:

Who would you like to see win?

and

Who do you think will win?

I'd like to see Kerry win.

Who do I think will win?  I dunno.. my guess is that it'll be very close, and it's reallly hard to tell.  If I was forced to put money on it, probably Bush (though I'm voting Kerry).
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

I'd like to see Kerry win, and I have a notion that he will.  I've heard/read from a couple of different sources that an incumbent president who is polling at around 50% will usually lose on election day.  Also, I think there have been a lot of younger voters registered this year (my own county is up by like 200,000 voters, I think), which I would like to hope bodes ill for Bush.

Regardless of what I think, the most important thing for us as a nation is to have a good strong turnout.  The second most important thing will be for us to elect a president with a mandate (ie. a wide majority).  That, however, seems unlikely....  we will probably remain sharply divided for a while, and I think the cause is that the two major political parties seem ONLY to be able to differentiate themselves on idealogical nonsense (as opposed to substantive policy) that shouldn't even be the business of the Federal government....  even when speaking on the war in Iraq, both candidates choose strikingly similar stances, in many cases.

That's more than you asked for, but there you have it.

-- X

I'd like to see Kerry win, and I think he will.  

This election has been a really great thing for our country and especially the generation that most of us belong to.  It has increased awareness and voter registration amongst the apathetic and disillusioned.

I just hope that all the newly-registered voters actually get out there and vote, whoever their choice is.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Who?  What?  Election..?
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

Just to be contrary, I'm voting for Bush.
ssues are issues.  People are people.  Issues should be addressed, people should be loved. - John W. Frye

I think I've made it pretty clear that I'm voting for Kerry.  

I think a lame duck (someone in office a second term and not having to worry about staying popular for re-election) Bush would be disastrous for this country, and perhaps the world at large.

I don't like the way Bush and Company have used 9/11 to promote their own neo-conservative agenda and increasingly to restrict civil liberties.  I don't like his ties with fundamentalists, or the fundamentalist slant to his own thinking.  His tax cuts have ended up being funded on the state level, as states step in to supply lost funding for education, road systems, welfare program, etc.  If you've seen your bus routes trimmed or you post office, city hall, or library hours cut lately, thank Bush for it and know that there's a lot more going on at a level you're not going to see for a while - but you will.

He's done more to destroy the enviroment on a global level than any other president, or perhaps any human in history.  And he's pretty much indicated that if he gets the chance to pick a Supreme Court judge, he will make a decision calculated to destroy Roe vs. Wade.  I could go on and on about the extraordinary, bald-faced lies this administration has made, one after another, praising a program while cutting its funding, or the multiple ties to big business (not a trend that started with Bush, but I think he's the first to be so blatant about it).  I think he's done an enormous amount ot destroy America's image, as well as its faith in itself.  I don't care who served in Vietnam and who only showed up for dental appointments with the National Guard - to me what matters is breaking the strength of the neo-con movement that Bush represents.

I do spend a lot of time reading the news and I consider myself fairly well informed.  Again, I don't care how people vote, but I do care that they vote and are active in the political process, because if we give up and leave that political process to the politicians - we're screwed.  There's an incredible amount of media hype in this campaign, and it's hard to wade through all the different ways things are spun by different people - a disaster in one camp is another camp's triumph.  Anyone can take the facts and come up with rationales for voting for Kerry, Bush, Nader, or anyone else.  But surely, being informed and thinking about what's involved in your decision on Election Day is to be encouraged.

I do think this is an important election, perhaps the most important any of us will see, and I hope all the Americans here will participate in it.

Okay, that's as much as I'm going to pontificate on this, and I apologize to those bored by it.  But you didn't have to read it, after all. ;)

I'd like to hope that Kerry will win, but I'm still unconvinced.  There's a day left still, and things are mighty close.

Quote from: "Sanvean"I do think this is an important election, perhaps the most important any of us will see, and I hope all the Americans here will participate in it.

I just want to add to what Sanvean said here.  There are a lot of local propositions that you vote for in addition to voting for the President when you go to the polls.  So even if you're not keen on any Presidential candidate, it still behooves you to go to the polls and vote for propositions that will usually have a direct effect on your daily life.
ssues are issues.  People are people.  Issues should be addressed, people should be loved. - John W. Frye

I am bereft. Can anyone explain what is involved in defecting to Canada?
idhogg

Ask me if I'm a tree

Just have to find a penguin willing to sponsor you.
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

You also have to gather the requisite uniform of flanel, suspenders, high-heels, and a bra.
Tlaloc
Legend