Holding and Wielding.

Started by , December 13, 2002, 09:32:31 PM

Why isn't everything you can hold also wieldable.

Lanterns, bandages, Poisons

Or why can't you wield some items instead of hold them for certain skills also (bandaging and poisoning).

Maybe some other stuff I missed.

My guess would be, because wielding is a special term used for weapons. It is possible to whack people on the head with various things, but most of those would still not be considered weapons.

Bandage, especially is not a weapon, even though it can kill.

"Wielding a bandage, the newbie physician approaches the unconcsious victim...patient, with a smile on his face, intent on either curing or improving his healing skill."  ;)
f time conversions are giving you a head-ache, visit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

Acctually, I've often wondered this myself. Doesn't make much sense. Wield is just holding something in your dominant hand while holding his holding in in your non-dominant hand. So I don't see how wield is some how *connected* with weapons, you can wield or hold weapons and fight both ways, why can't you wield and hold everything else? Maybe you want to hold that satchel alittle stronger in your dominant hand while defending yourself from the rinthi bastard who is trying to steal you satchel of 'sid.

Maybe your dominant hand is more safer then your other hand, maybe your missing your non dominant hand... You couldn't bandage people. You have your steady right hand, but have to try to hold the bandage to a wound while securing it with your nerve damaged left hand that is always shaking?!?!

Just something wrong with that...

Creeper
21sters Unite!