can scavengers forage for food? And other subclass ideas

Started by guestboy, December 12, 2002, 03:23:35 AM

To Fred=

Asking for something to be added with your only argument being "because there is this" is a pretty good way to get your idea rejected.

About Linguists=

I agree with Creeper. Try reading some of the Federalist Papers or the Declaration of Independance . That is pretty hard involved reading, especially considering it was only written a few centuries ago. Compare that to another race that evolved differently than you, and you start getting crazy with it.

I do agree that it would be pretty neat if the linguist could start switching around accents, though it might be pretty hard to fool someone who actually has that accent, it would still add some intrigue into the game.

About Subguild skills=

I always looked at the subguilds as some extra flavour to my character, and really paid little to no attention to the skills I got from that subguild. But it makes sense to me that subguild skills should be VERY limited in how they branch. My warrior might be able to get a few dings out of his chitin bracers, but asking him to build a set of scrab shell arm greaves...
ypo, The One-Armed Circus Monkey

"Smoking doesn't kill people...Lung Cancer kills people."-Me

Quote from: "fred"i think there should be an assassin subguild after all there is thief

I'm not sure what an assassin subguild would give you that you can't get already, you just have to focus on what aspect of assassins you want to give your non-assassin character.  The Thug, Thief, Physician or Acrobat subguilds might work, depending on what your primary guild is and what assassin-ish quality you want.  

Most subguilds only have 2 or 3 skills, and generally only 1 of those is a "powerful" skill.  A combination like Backstab, Poison and Throw would be overpowered and unlikely to be implimented.  The best way to be a working thief is to take the Burglar or Pickpocket class, not the theif subclass.  No subclass will will be as assassinish as the assassin class.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins