The Eyes of a Dwarf

Started by Considering Dwarf, December 11, 2002, 07:18:50 AM

"A Dwarf has no body hair."

It sounds simple enough: no hair anywhere. What concerns me is the Dwarf's eyes. If it is absolutely literal, how does a Dwarf not get all that sand in his/her eyes? Or do they have eyelashes after all?

I have seen some dwarves with fingernails in their description, so I assume they have those. nails being 'specialized' hair got me wondering if there couldn't be some eye protection too.

I'd personally be more inclined to believe that they have eye lashes than a third, transparent eyelid, for example. It would never have occurred to me to think of eye lashes as body hair before.

Something must protect their eyes from the flying sand, or we'd have mostly blinded dwarves. What is it though?

Well if it helps any:

There was a time when I had no eyelashes, and in fact I currently have no eyebrows and haven't for over 2 decades.

I do have hair, and often it would get in my eyes. Just a strand here and there, and it's annoying but you get used to it.

As far as getting sand and lint and stuff in there, yeah it happens, but not nearly as bad as you think.

The eyelid actually ends in a ridge where the eyelashes are imbedded. I would think a dwarf's lash bed would be thicker than people who have lashes. Maybe not even enough to notice when you look at him, but rather just enough to allow wind to fly over the bed onto the upper part of the lid over the eye socket.

It works a little like those bug guards you see on SUVs, the ones that attach to the hood. They have just a little curve, so when you're driving, the wind hits the curve and swoops over the SUV, allowing the vehicle to retain its aerodynamics.

On an eyelid, I'd imagine something similar would occur naturally with a dwarf, though it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Wait... do eyebrows help keeps crap out? Or do they just act as a ... sunshade?

(Tony loves his eyebrows)

No hair -at- all. I never understood that. I  mean, its cool, a twist on the dwarven concept, but I never really understood it. But if you dipped a naked dwarf in Mek fat and then tried to grab him, I'd bet that be hard. Slipperier than a greased dwarf. LOL

Peace

Venomz
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870