Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Quote from: Jinxed on March 18, 2017, 10:43:45 PM

I laughed waaaay too hard at this!
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

If only they were still a playable race...

http://imgur.com/gallery/Emgy0

"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Bynners visiting the Tablelands

Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 01, 2017, 11:12:18 PM
Bynners visiting the Tablelands

Can confirm. Though I only got shot in the foot, and was -very- upset about it at the time.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Now that I think about it more, that image more than sums up Arm leadership as well.

Quote from: Hauwke on May 02, 2017, 07:57:45 PM
Now that I think about it more, that image more than sums up Arm leadership as well.

shoot templar w
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Well not even that, all the stories about everyone going in hooded and the Sargeant/leaders still being picked off first amongst a group that for all intents and purposes look the same.

Allanak's Bazaar
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Lâche pas la patate!
Quote from: Asmoth on February 12, 2016, 03:42:53 PM
...I'm almost certain that I shouldn't be pronouncing some of them like Urine-Moose.

Interesting, but I always thought dwarves were a little bit taller than that myself. A max height dwarf is I think 4 foot 10 inches or something like that.

June 13, 2017, 02:02:11 AM #1612 Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:09:42 AM by Harmless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtVGwHPzyNc

For those wanting to picture all the beasties in Zalanthas a bit better. 'Cept these were real.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

That was great, Harmless.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

The terrible meme writing is not mine.  I just wanted the image.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Gith are a race of hunched-over humanoids.  Gith share an apparent albeit distant ancestral origin with elves, sharing similar long-limbed frames, as well as exceptional degrees of agility and endurance.

Common folklore holds that the gith are a forgotten tribe of elves who lived beyond the Known World for some several aeons.  (For reference, the only other known beings documented as having their origins outside the Known include the Dragon, and the powerful, unnamed dark creature that allied with the Lord of Storms in in darker days).

We can only speculate as to what the gith had to contend with during their time "outside" -- but during this time they developed under extraordinarily harsh conditions into their present form -- gith skin has even been described as being scaly, suggesting some drastic but apparently successful mutation must have occurred.

Today, those gith that have taken up residence within the Known deal with few outsiders and prefer to slay and consume intruders instead.  There are old stories -- often scoffed at -- telling how how gith would occasionally deal with the now-extinct Red Fangs tribe, but their technology remains cruder than even the Zalanthan standard, and the quality of their wares is poor at best. Most items stained by gith usage, so-called "gith gear", are considered to be borderline worthless, due to the tell-tale stench and brutal wear and tear the gith lifestyle imparts.

Gith are generally recognized as dangerous nuisances outside city gates.  But even those who have never ventured outside city gates tend to recognize gith, since larger-scale attacks mounted against gith populations by civilized groups routinely result in enslaved bands joining the ranks of the arena population.  A healthy gith is a worrisome sight for any arena gladiator.

Gith occasionally attempt to expand their territory, and on several occasions, gith raiders have attacked Luir's outpost, only to be repelled (here demonstrating that the Outpost is one of the few outlying civilizations to be stable enough to support a regular population, despite the proximity of the gith threat).

The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

This makes me realize that Gith are the actual masters of Zalanthas.  The known is just some weird enclave where humanity still survived. The rest of the planet is aaaaaaall gith.

Quote from: Dar on June 25, 2017, 01:05:19 AM
This makes me realize that Gith are the actual masters of Zalanthas.

Thems fightin words, friend.

Dujat Worm

Gith society is highly tribal, much like nomadic elves.  However, gith tribal culture is extremely ritualistic and rather cruel.

Symbolism, tradition, and attention to correct processes marks gith society apart from others (with the possible exception of mantis culture, from whom the gith may have learned).

As elves have their tests of loyalty, tests of merit by combat are common among gith, but other measures such as ritual performance are also frequently used to settle disputes.

Because of the hostile nature of gith culture to other demihumans, it has been almost impossible to compile any useful information on the language which they speak.  Heshrak appears to have been descended somehow from the Allundean tongue; most likely it descends from one of the proto-variants of Allundean that predate the Dragon's arrival.  Requiring a strong sense of culture to assist them in maintaining their lives in the face of a high death rate, their written language was greatly developed -- by Zalanthan standards.

The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

September 05, 2017, 08:49:11 PM #1620 Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:52:17 PM by Harmless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXSu68PmbKQ&list=PLsNB4peY6C6K4UFpK7JYS2e4Q68Klyk7f&t=55

Learn about Silphium, an ancient Greek plant that was a spiky-yellow flowered, effective 'mule mix'. Highly grown, farmed, and exported at the time. It was culturally directly connected to prostitution, also. The modern birth control section is not related.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

The Boiling, Roiling Silt Sea.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

WOAH!

That is incredible.