Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

That looks more like a Cilops with the pincer on the wrong end.

Scrab are very vaguely described in Armageddon. The best you will get is "beetle-like", if I remember correctly.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 04, 2015, 04:30:57 PM
That looks more like a Cilops with the pincer on the wrong end.

Scrab are very vaguely described in Armageddon. The best you will get is "beetle-like", if I remember correctly.

Exhibit G: A Dark Sun Cilops.

And holy fuck:

That scene of hilarity came when I did a google image search on "dark sun cilops" -- apparently it points to some video of Athas?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I always imaged that scrabs were like smaller but longer beetles and, for whatever reason, stood kind of upright with their front two legs/claws off the ground.

More (Dark Sun versions):

Gaj
Braxat
Dune Freak (Anakore)
Jozhal (So cute: for those involved in the jozhal vs. tregil debate on cuteness.)
Tembo
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Marauder Moe on December 04, 2015, 04:48:28 PM
I always imaged that scrabs were like smaller but longer beetles and, for whatever reason, stood kind of upright with their front two legs/claws off the ground.

Weird, I always imagined the upright walking too, only more like a centaur.  Kind of like this but more beetle-like.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 24, 2015, 02:17:07 PM
I picture them closer to Oddworld scrabs than anything else.

Typically don't imagine them with arms either, despite the 'pinch' echo. I know they have a "back terrible for riding" so I don't think of them as having a typically insect-like appearance.

I'm not sure if it follows the docs, but I always imagined anakore looking kinda like:

Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Anakore look kinda like. . . black-skinned freaky humanoid people with six clawed arms and a shell, I think.

Why has no one mentioned that half the things that are trying to kill us look like retarded humanoid creatures.
I thought we were just killing giant scorpions and shit.
Now I feel bad about murdering things ;.;

QuotePsionicist handlers are best equipped to deal with these difficult beasts.

In an article about maintaining/piloting mekillot caravans.

Whelp. Time to get more than my 1 karma, app a psionicist, and just become a caravan pilot that ALWAYS. REACHES. THE DESTINATION.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on December 05, 2015, 05:21:57 PM
QuotePsionicist handlers are best equipped to deal with these difficult beasts.

In an article about maintaining/piloting mekillot caravans.

Whelp. Time to get more than my 1 karma, app a psionicist, and just become a caravan pilot that ALWAYS. REACHES. THE DESTINATION.

Wish all "I'm trying to pilot this mekillot help pls"

Exhibit H: Ktandeo: a Dark Sun halfling (see the Ktandeo affair).

Exhibit V: Voree, the ... wait for it ... psychometabolicist, nicknamed "The Beast" for her... creative use of psychometabolic discipline.  Also: note the wrist razors.

In honour of Taijen's thread: some weapons (apologies for repeats) -- are these too low-end?:

I think we need to see more of that shit in game!

I think I've seen this one before, but I love it so much.

For all you weapons crafters out there: crafting a knapped obsidian blade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSKO0fpES6s
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Battle with an ankheg.

That wasn't a cactus.

Al'Seik man.

Before a towering stone spire.

A street in Allanak.

Picture in the office at work.  Reminded me of a storm brewing over the Salt Flats.

Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Shark tooth knives look like something a tribal might use.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Tembo skull and fur-trimmed armor.

Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.