Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Quote from: Rathustra on September 26, 2015, 08:30:49 AM

Red moon or white moon?

Nope.... that's -no- moon.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Maybe some place, somewhere, there's an ocean or river connected to the Red, like this satellite photo of South Africa

Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

If you flip that image upside down it's easy to imagine those are the pointy red peaks of mountains, and the blue and white is the sky and clouds.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 04, 2015, 02:29:03 PM
If you flip that image upside down it's easy to imagine those are the pointy red peaks of mountains, and the blue and white is the sky and clouds.

red sky son

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

that is gorgeous

and if I ever saw it anywhere near me I'd call 911
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: bcw81 on October 04, 2015, 03:39:09 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 04, 2015, 02:29:03 PM

red sky son

I remembering being led to beleive the Zalanthan sky is red, though I did see a place that long ago. One of those out of the way very rarely travelled sort of areas and it disctinctly pointed out the sky being blue, I noticed it because it went against everything I thought. I wonder now if I should have typoed it. Whoops!
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

My apologies if any of these have been previously posted.

Click here for much bigger, more awesome version!

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I saw a girl today with a pointed star/sun on her wrist.  Couldn't think of a way to ask to take a picture of it that wouldn't be weird, though.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

A river of silt...

A river of silt says, OOC:
   "Consent given."

Seriously though, what is that? Is it dust, pumice, meringue? It's something floating on the water, right?

It's hail, floating on water.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

More architecture that reminds me of Allanak:

Somewhere in the Noble's Quarter

A merchant's courtyard

The Eastern Archway of the Bazaar

Hathor's Way

Somewhere in Allanak

Somewhere else in Allanak

A Windswept Canyon of Sandstone

Spice

Woah, I was visualizing carrus all wrong.

Partial Bestiary
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Those look more like chalton (note the six legs). And I believe Carru are described as having branching horns.

When I scrolled down a bit more and saw the Inix on that page, I didn't really expect it to look like that in Dark Sun. My personal visualization was an over-sized Comodo dragon for all these years.

December 04, 2015, 12:08:48 AM #1471 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:10:23 AM by nauta
Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 03, 2015, 07:53:41 PM
Those look more like chalton (note the six legs). And I believe Carru are described as having branching horns.

Yeah.  I just checked a log of a look at a carru, and in Arm, they have four legs, not six, and antlers, not horns.  Being a dork, I checked, and that picture comes from Appendix II of the Monstrous Compendium, and it is a carru in Dark Sun.  So, upshot: Arm carru are not the same as Dark Sun carru?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

December 04, 2015, 04:03:30 PM #1472 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:08:17 PM by nauta
More:

Exhibit B: A Dark Sun elf, played by Bushranger.

Exhibit C: A Dark Sun halfling, played by nobody anymore (tears of blood).

Exhibit D: Dark Sun versions of mekillots, kanks (RIP), erdlus, and inixes.  (Also, some evidence that the plural of 'erdlu' is 'erdlus' and the plural of 'inix' is 'inixes', unfortunately.)

Wow that halfling is amazing. They both are awesome, but I love the hair on the little ankle biter.

Exhibit F: A Dark Sun scrab.  (This is not at all how I visualized Arm scrab.)

From our helpfile:
Common in the areas surrounding Allanak, these insectoid creatures stand taller and larger than the average human, and their heads are fringed with a multitude of milky, translucent eyes. These beasts, while fairly common, have an aggressive hunter's instinct and a back terrible for riding, and thus are never used as mounts. They are often easy prey to the hunters of Allanak and the southlands, with a pale, soft yellow meat within their thorax, a head that if cooked properly is considered a delicacy, and a tough shell that can often be sold for coins in the larger cities.