Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Byn salute to a fallen sergeant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv0cUeRSIPc
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Another image dump coming. Mostly vaguely Zalanthan looking wildlife here.

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 17, 2015, 08:46:29 PM

I can see the remains of the waterslide in the background!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Whoah, those are badass. What's the author credit?
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

DJ Snake escapes from Toolook and tries to fit-in at Luir's
Murder your darlings.

Quote from: Ourla on April 25, 2015, 03:37:18 AM
Whoah, those are badass. What's the author credit?

Michal Vondracek

A Rukkian was here...

Someone says, out of character:
     "no, the mace did not explode, that was his testicle"

Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

The axe at 4:04. I want it.

I saw a lot of cool wooden weapons in New Zealand. Particularly the war clubs. I think that clubs especially could use some loving in game.

Not really Zalanthan but!  Melisandre is totally a gemmed Krathi.

I imagine Asshai in GoT is probably something like Allanak.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

I'm pretty sure Melisandre is every gemmed krathi ever. Hot, manipulative, and naked 90% of the time.

Quote from: Rhyden on May 17, 2015, 03:19:52 PM
I'm pretty sure Melisandre is every gemmed krathi ever. Hot, manipulative, and naked 90% of the time.

I liked how she admitted to some 'pageantry' in her magick, in order to make observers believe more in the power of her Lord of Light.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

The 'pinkish-yellow' of pymlithe blossoms. Yes, it's a rose, but the coloring is gorgeous. I imagine the tree/flowers themselves to be more close to cherry blossoms.

Kalan fruit (actually a picture of a long john plum)

Quirri (actually a black ocelet)

Rantarri (I think they were supposed to have 2 extra legs, but I can't remember. Blah.) It's a cheetapard.

Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Quote from: bardlyone on May 29, 2015, 11:06:20 PM

Rantarri (I think they were supposed to have 2 extra legs, but I can't remember. Blah.) It's a cheetapard.

Haha, yeah, that's about right.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: CodeMaster on May 29, 2015, 09:57:49 PM

Love this one. "The figure in a hooded, floral-patterned blanket stands here."

Quote from: Rhyden on May 30, 2015, 12:07:09 PM

Love this one. "The figure in a hooded, floral-patterned [saddle] blanket stands here."

FTFY
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Ooc Can you stand still for a moment while I used you as a target for a bug since saddle blankets don't have hoods?
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Quote from: Asmoth on May 30, 2015, 04:49:17 PM

Ooc Can you stand still for a moment while I used you as a target for a bug since saddle blankets don't have hoods?

With the blanket being held like a diamond rather than a square, it's easy to tell that that's actually the top point of it, not some specially sewn hood. FFS it's draped over one side.
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!
Grebber - One who grebs.

Auditorizing Zalanthas...?

I was listening to the old music included with Europa Universalis 2. It includes some bits of late medieval popular music that I like to imagine are more similar to what you'd hear in Zalanthas than anything more modern:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwdnNyySDLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8PsrvjihdE

I'm picturing.... a wall of these... making crystalline sounds as they waver on their stems as though in a perpetual breeze, somewhere sekrit and IC.