Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

It's from the Darksun 4th edition re-release.

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

This beautiful pair of gloves is made out of gold, silver, steel and leather. I can only imagine Muk Utep or Tektolnes wearing these. Note that the right hand has chainmail in order to hold the sword, and the left hand is plated, for the shield. They're from the late 1500's.

Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Here's some Dark Sun character pictures, I'm sure some will suit Armageddon characters:
http://pachycrocuta.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=%2F&q=dark+sun

February 10, 2015, 07:40:00 PM #1329 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:58:14 PM by HavokBlue
some more assorted D&D/pathfinder characters

and some other picks from DeviantArt. A lot of these come from Jason Engle, who does fantastic stuff.

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Horse hair fly-whisk, for da levy pplz
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Thornlands (where I am currently working)

Watch out for the kryl!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

February 17, 2015, 05:02:03 PM #1337 Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:14:51 PM by Mook
Tilmatli - a long, hoodless garment.  More common in one city than the other, afaik.

Murder your darlings.

That's a weird looking axe.  Does it have a name?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on February 28, 2015, 08:51:21 AM
That's a weird looking axe.  Does it have a name?

Hmm. It's an interesting one. I've seen similar blade designs on halberd, but the haft is normal length.

Probably just call it a heavy war-axe.

This is the closest that I can find that has a blade like that one:

Maybe it's a double spiked war-axe?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

People in the Taiga make perfect skis with bearded axes.

It is known.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Quote from: Down Under on February 28, 2015, 06:53:32 PM
People in the Taiga make perfect skis with bearded axes.

It is known.

It is known.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Read up on inuit snow goggles. Interestingly they may have been depicted in doguu statues which date around 1000 BC.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_snow_goggles

Someday I will make my own sunslits.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

March 12, 2015, 11:45:32 AM #1347 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:47:48 AM by nauta
I really hope they look that way.  I think I'm of the camp of people that thinks that wearing sunslits indoors look absolutely goofy o-rama and should get you instantly beat up by virtual Bynners at the Gaj:

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

March 13, 2015, 08:47:28 AM #1348 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:48:07 PM by Harmless
1. Not everybody has time or energy to enter every command to appear realistic
2. Some folks prpbably think that kanye west style shutter shades are what sunslits look like, even though those are worthless
3. I give people the benefit of the doubt that characters are automatically lifting their sunslits up to their eyebrows for the duration of.indoors time
4. Dark stained sunslits could look cool. Imagine if those white ones that inuit wears were solid black. Wood tone is cool also.
5. You look goofy o-rama.
6. You can see surprisingly well out of a pinpoint or a slit even indoors. Try it. Field of view is shot and seeing in shadows too but acuity is improved to nearly 20/20. A penalty to CITY scan seems appropriate. (i don't think wildnerness scan would be penalized where you are usually scanning for camouflage patterns and far away hidden animals)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

March 13, 2015, 12:33:50 PM #1349 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:36:15 PM by CodeMaster
There's a cool-looking pair of sunslits (sensualist?  wtf autocorrect) at the top of this post  about Red Storm!   I dunno, I think they can look kind of cool, in a masquerade ball kind of way.  You're probably apt to feel cooler if you've got your earbuds in with Duane Eddy playing.

Quote from: Harmless on March 13, 2015, 08:47:28 AM
A penalty to scan seems appropriate.

Yeah, and maybe a bonus to peek.

(Does any mod know why this image won't post to larger than 400 pixels wide?)
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"