Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

August 14, 2014, 06:24:11 AM #1276 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:03:01 PM by James de Monet
This image is quite large (actually, I made a larger version of the same, but I'm having trouble getting it to post), but here is an Arm gif I made, for your advertising pleasure:

And, if someone really does want to repost it to another forum or something, here is a copyable, linked version:

[URL=http://www.armageddon.org/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/g2q3dk7.gif[/IMG][/URL]

And again, because I don't want all these posts to bury each other:

Armageddon Fiction

The Armageddon Tools Website
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

At least Muk Utep has his priorities right!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

That's how I always imagined Gaj.

-

August 31, 2014, 04:17:51 PM #1281 Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:21:36 PM by Harmless
Quote from: James de Monet on August 14, 2014, 06:24:11 AM

Armageddon Fiction

The Armageddon Tools Website

I humbly suggest you add a link to your tools thread on the GDB to your signature, you can fit it into the signature character limit by using hyperlink shorteners.  :)

Here's a picture to keep this post on topic:

Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

September 23, 2014, 06:36:58 PM #1283 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:38:34 PM by CodeMaster
The Negean Library

Knowledge is power, so the saying goes.  So it is perhaps unsurprising that we can trace some of the recent political upheavals in Tuluk back to a library of texts which has changed hands several times since its inception.

House Negean was a noble house of Tuluk until year 15 of the 22nd Age.  Their traditional area of expertise was in the keeping of Tuluk's history; they held to this ancient trust and, with time, expanded it to the study of all things, everywhere.

Correspondingly, the Negeans developed a large library of texts that still exists, which we refer to as the Negean Library.

In the year 1632 (Year 15 Age 22), in an agreement with the Tuluki Templarate, House Negean's nobility were conscripted into the ranks of the templarate and almost immediately put into training.  It is not known whether the Negeans resisted this change or embraced the executive power that came with it, but the House as it was known ceased to exist.

House Uaptal was granted the assets of former House Negean including, perhaps most importantly, the vast wealth of knowledge in its library.  The Uaptals had once been influential, but at this time they were less known for their economic clout and more for their mounts and breeding programs (to this day, many of the best mounts in Tuluk are descended from Uaptal stock).  For this reason, giving them the library may have - retrospectively - seemed like a strange choice.  But perhaps the library was undervalued.

It is even conceivable that some members of House Uaptal viewed its acquisition as a burden, an additional resource they had to watch over and maintain with no clear way to generate returns.

Still, it wasn't long before House Uaptal began to grow, often in substantial and unprecedented ways.  Pivoting off its control over animal husbandry, the House applied a number of unspoken economic and political tactics to grow its wealth and influence in the proceeding years.  This growth continued unabated, much to the befuddlement of the other Tuluki noble houses, eventually placing Uaptal at the third rank among the noble houses in the Tuluki Triumvirate at the peak of its power.  Perhaps the library was a credit, after all.

The year 1633 (Year 16, Age 22) marked a boiling point for the rising tensions between Uaptal, Winrothol, and Tenneshi.  Here, at a public event celebrating their good fortune, a member of the High Council of Uaptal was slain in front of onlookers by a shadow artist.  The next year, the Houses of Winrothol and Tenneshi banded together to eradicate Uaptal in an unprecedented utilization of shadow artistry, wherein they outfitted a heavily armed contingent to assault House Uaptal's Estate, slaying most that resided within.

Only crude accounts of the carnage are given.

All of Uaptal's surviving assets were divided between Winrothol, Tenneshi, and Kassigarh, but it is believed that the Templarate (and the Legion) have secured power of the Negean Library.

(The suggestion is laughable, but there are whispered legends that suggest a young family member or aide was seen riding off on an unfathomably fast beast, escaping the assault and rescuing a single battered book from the destruction.)
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

This armor struck me as looking like Zalanthan noble armor:

You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: path on August 11, 2014, 03:57:46 AM

For some reason, I don't get what this is in Arm.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Poison HelpfileSkellebain:
This poison comes primarily from fungus and mushrooms. With varying degrees of potency, it seems to have a negative effect upon the victim's mind, causing frightening, mind-numbing, hallucinations and even causing physical impairments if left to fester. Its effects are said to vary widely as the victim's body processes the poison.

Ah, I see.  Every crafty thought using that image to represent Skellebian.
Fredd-

Want.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Nope

Quote from: Barsook on October 03, 2014, 05:36:30 AM
Quote from: path on August 11, 2014, 03:57:46 AM

For some reason, I don't get what this is in Arm.

This is actually my very very favorite image, like in forever.  It's a hooded durrit cloak, I think, and she is trying to hide while a Kadian crafter and a Fale noble fade a mudsexx scene.  Yep.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: whitt on October 08, 2014, 03:35:32 PM

Want.

A Tor Noble would want that.
Fredd-

Holy shit. No fucking joke!
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

You wouldn't fit in it, give it up

Oh. Yeh. I forgot. I couldn't sit in every chair. Still ... such a nice chair.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Not that I'm not guilty of being statuesque and rather dazzling myself, but...ah, Tuluk. You have such pretty, pretty people.
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: Evoru on October 09, 2014, 08:08:54 PM

Not that I'm not guilty of being statuesque and rather dazzling myself, but...ah, Tuluk. You have such pretty, pretty people.

Julia Roberts is kinda ugly.

Quote from: CodeMaster on October 23, 2014, 07:44:53 PM

hawt

agree on Julia Roberts, never got that about "the most beautiful smile".

Nobody show Nergal this picture!