Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

I call shenanigans. Or misunderstandings. This is a photo from 1914:

Check out this guy. The picture, and the color, is legit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prokudin-Gorski

Edit: you can see our bearded, nut-scratching blue robe templar down at the bottom of the page.

Now I am fucking impressed. And love that he did a print of Leo Tolstoy. Awesome.

That is astounding - why the hell did it take so long for this quality of photo to become common place?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

NEVER DOUBT ME AGAIN :P
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I'm not sure if technically you can say the picture is 100 years old, since it has been heavily photoshopped. The original picture may be 100 years old, but the photoshopping is not.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

No, it's not photoshopped. Check the wiki link Badskeelz posted.

That is truly, truly amazing. I can't believe I've never heard of anything like that before.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Prokudin-Gorskii

Further works from the man - really astounding stuff considering the age and the general state of photography at the time. I'm really perplexed about why this method of photography was not more widely spread. Compared to photos of the time, these are ... I'm not even sure what to draw as comparison. Da Vinci to caveman drawings?

February 27, 2014, 02:01:58 AM #1159 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:20:35 AM by Iiyola

Quote from: Iiyola on February 27, 2014, 01:32:03 AM
No, it's not photoshopped. Check the wiki link Badskeelz posted.

Actually, that version was photoshopped, in 2004, for a federal exhibit. It does use the same negatives to produce the color that the original version did, however.

Here is he original.

The reason this probably wasn't done more is that it would have been incredibly difficult, required special equipment with moving parts to take the photo, and special equipment for them to even view it.

Photographs back then took longer than they do now. And getting three without the subject moving would be an exercise in aggravation.  According to that article, most of them do show signs of movement, but they were digitally removed for the exhibit (as above).
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Nothing actually in game I can think of that relates, but it still feels very Zalanthan to me:

Southwest of Allanak, looking north past the city in the distance:

Applicable to somewhere, maybe the mul outpost or a corner of Luir's? Still very Zalanthan feeling:

All of those super-high-agility fresh out of character generation child PC's wrecking my 30 day assassins in sparring:

The Glorious Highlord Tektolnes: (Just joking, but uhh, seriously...Muk, get bent son.)

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

That last one is Globbuluk's retirement plan.  :P
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

That last one is fantastic.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I love that last one.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

The last one links to Malware, according to avast.

Quote from: MeTekillot on February 28, 2014, 10:43:03 PM
The last one links to Malware, according to avast.

That seems like a typical Tektolnes thing to do. Fitting.

Everyone who was at Tyn Dashra knows what I'm talking about...

Quote from: Desertman on March 03, 2014, 03:59:01 PM
Everyone who was at Tyn Dashra knows what I'm talking about...

Haha, awesome.  ;D
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Balista.... mounted.... inix. I so want to see this in game.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Armor and weapons time! Some of these might be reposts so I apologize in advance.

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Wow. That's so badass.