Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Quote from: James de Monet on October 13, 2013, 02:11:55 PM
At first I thought he was wearing a hazmat suit and a respirator, and everything was cool. And then I realized he was wearing scuba gear and I thought, "This idiot is going to die."

A snorkel? WELCOME TO ARMAGEDDON

No it wasn't a snorkel it was indeed a scuba outfit. Didn't you notice the oxygen tank he/she was lugging around on his back?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: Barsook on October 13, 2013, 02:16:44 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 13, 2013, 11:27:47 AM
The Silt Sea:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b75_1378656230

Where is that sea?

I'm not sure. But it's actually layers of ash from a volcanic eruption atop the ocean/sea waves. It floats for quite some time atop water.

Nahuel Huapi lake, Argentina.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Here's another video of better quality - it doesn't look quite as silt-seaish, but it's still cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfcuwWiW4yA
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Now that's cool... It would look like the silt sea I'm sure if it didn't zoom out and show the actual ocean.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on October 13, 2013, 04:54:22 PM
Quote from: James de Monet on October 13, 2013, 02:11:55 PM
At first I thought he was wearing a hazmat suit and a respirator, and everything was cool. And then I realized he was wearing scuba gear and I thought, "This idiot is going to die."

A snorkel? WELCOME TO ARMAGEDDON

No it wasn't a snorkel it was indeed a scuba outfit. Didn't you notice the oxygen tank he/she was lugging around on his back?

A snorkel is a standard piece of scuba equipment, and it was what said person was adjusting just before s/he went under the surface.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

I want to play this Half-Giant. I imagine him as a petty thug and enforcer for hire in the 'rinth. If you want someone smacked call ol' Whiskers with his chipped bone whacker!

I know Zalanthan Half-Giants have round ears. It's a minor detail for an otherwise excellent drawing!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on October 15, 2013, 10:30:56 AM

I want to play this Half-Giant. I imagine him as a petty thug and enforcer for hire in the 'rinth. If you want someone smacked call ol' Whiskers with his chipped bone whacker!

I know Zalanthan Half-Giants have round ears. It's a minor detail for an otherwise excellent drawing!

What is that? Half giant and half ogre? Half giant and half troll? Wait no trolls on Zalanthas... No its got pointy ears so half giant and half elf.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on October 15, 2013, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: Bushranger on October 15, 2013, 10:30:56 AM

What is that? Half giant and half ogre? Half giant and half troll? Wait no trolls on Zalanthas... No its got pointy ears so half giant and half elf.

Given the button up shirt, tusks and lamp post I'd say it's almost certainly a Shadowrun Troll.

Half-giant mutant.

Deal with it.

Doh. Trying to figure this stuff out. I googled silt sea and found this.

That's a silt horror. Very nasty.

That's not just -a- silt horror, that's -the- silt horror.
the lines are drawn
the orders are in
the dance commander's
ready to sin
radio message from hq
dance commander
we love you

That's what silt-horror steaks look like before you cook them.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

I like how that one dude's just standing there with his back turned all "like I give a fuck".

Quote from: Qzzrbl on October 17, 2013, 03:06:47 AM
I like how that one dude's just standing there with his back turned all "like I give a fuck".

Maxed mul warrior yawns, gets ready for ranger to fuck up another horror corpse skinning attempt.

Epic pic.

Can you even imagine? I mean really, can YOU imagine seeing that rise up out of the silt to get you?

Visuals like that make me really want to play realistically scared the next time I see one of those in game, which after seeing that picture, is going to be as rare as I can make it.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Kryl?

Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I can't unsee that.  I was happier when I didn't know what horseshoe crabs looked like underneath.   :-[
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Apparently they're a closer relative to spiders and other arachnids than crustaceans.