Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

One of those guys has waaaay too little cloth in in his loincloth.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Those are awesome!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

September 23, 2013, 01:15:02 PM #1028 Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:33:59 PM by James de Monet
Hot off the approval request list!  I did these sort of as a pair, for purposes of egalitarianism. ;) (Quis amplexiet ipsos arbor amplexes?)

The Dragon's Gate

The Harzen Gates

(Yes, I realize the Harzen Gates should be turned 90 degrees from the wall, but I didn't think it would look as cool.)

Also hot off said list is a character portrait that I posted in the -appropriate thread-.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

September 23, 2013, 01:25:04 PM #1029 Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:28:04 AM by Delirium
stupid imgur and somebody deleting the pictures I linked :(

(cool renderings, jdm!)

Quote from: James de Monet on September 23, 2013, 01:15:02 PM
Hot off the approval request list!  I did these sort of as a pair, for purposes of egalitarianism. ;) (Quis amplexiet ipsos arbor amplexes?)

The Dragon's Gate

The Harzen Gates

(Yes, I realize the Harzen Gates should be turned 90 degrees from the wall, but I didn't think it would look as cool.)

Also hot off said list is a character portrait that I posted in the -appropriate thread-.

These are great. I love the Dragon's Gate one, totally how I imagine it in my mind!
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: James de Monet on September 23, 2013, 01:15:02 PM

These are fucking awesome man... Really well done, do more!

Absolutely gorgeous.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

wtb more james de $$$ arm pictures, pst

Awesome job dude!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Really nice job.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

SO GOOD, JdM.  Those are actually exactly like I pictured them in my head, especially Tuluk.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on September 23, 2013, 08:17:31 PM
SO GOOD, JdM.  Those are actually exactly like I pictured them in my head, especially Tuluk.

Spot on. Well done, James.

I'd like to see one of those try and subdue a fullgrown man. Here's my weezers.

Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Asian Giant Hornet. I believe those are queens.

Also, they are venomous and are killing people in China.

And they've been spotted in the States.

Now -that's- a nasty looking bug.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

They are probably like Killer Bees in terms of killing people. It only happens because so many swarm at you at one time it causes a massive histamine response that kills you.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on October 01, 2013, 04:30:56 AM
They are probably like Killer Bees in terms of killing people. It only happens because so many swarm at you at one time it causes a massive histamine response that kills you.

I saw a National Geographic thing (or something similar) about those hornets.  If I recall correctly that's not really how they attack, swarming in massive amounts like Africanized honey bees, I mean.

Right I read up a bit more on these because I'm fascinated by wildlife in general. They only seem to swarm if something invades their hive or if they are invading a honeybee hive. What the deal is with hornets though if I remember correctly, unlike honeybees, any member of the wasp family which hornets are part of can sting multiple times its not like the honeybees where when they sting the stinger pulls out and kills them in the process. Their stinger stays in tact and they are able to sting multiple times. What I read is that because of their size the poison injected is of a higher dosage than most other wasps or honeybees. Also from what I read is people that are allergic to honeybees and wasps could die from one sting. Suggestions for people that are not allergic is if you are stung more than ten times to seek medical attention and if you are stung more than thirty times to get to a hospital or emergency medical facility. Always a good idea to take a benedryl or some other anti-histamine when stung by any bee or wasp as its USUALLY the histamine reaction that will kill you.

Asian giant hornets actually shoot their venom, which is acidic, iirc.

At first I thought he was wearing a hazmat suit and a respirator, and everything was cool. And then I realized he was wearing scuba gear and I thought, "This idiot is going to die."

A snorkel? WELCOME TO ARMAGEDDON
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.