Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

August 26, 2013, 08:47:25 PM #1000 Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:19:35 PM by BadSkeelz
Carved on the wall, a monstrous face glares fiercely towards the bazaar.

The Moche in general have something of a zalanthan vibe to them.

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 04, 2013, 11:18:06 PM

That would represent ... the entire sentient population of all races.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on August 26, 2013, 08:47:25 PM
Carved on the wall, a monstrous face glares fiercely towards the bazaar.

The Moche in general have something of a zalanthan vibe to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moche_(culture)

I like that from what I read about them in passing a while back, they were a matriarchal as opposed to patriarchal society. A lot of the south american tribes and peoples like the Inca and Maya or the Olmec have similar Zalanthan flavoring.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I know this is Riddick, but come on... I can totally see this in Zalanthas. Just pretend the rain is sand...

August 29, 2013, 11:45:46 PM #1004 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:48:12 PM by Delirium
And because I was browsing DeviantArt, here's an image dump for ya.

A huntress?

The mangy, fur-clad half-breed is standing here.

A kalich pauses on a ridge.

A hulking braxat is standing here.

Passing through the Red Desert...

This location wishes to remain anonymous.

A crimson-maned mageera attacks you!

Oh yeah and I had this character portrait done. I think it represents your typical Zalanthan woman.

yes, ferchrissakes, I'm joking.

I loved that dump, the ending was a "legit lol" :D
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

That mangy fur-clad halfbreed is awesome. Thanks for that.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

She magickly keeps from suburnning and or tanning. Amazing pale skinned woman.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on August 31, 2013, 03:48:14 AM

Duh, super sekrit magicker hiding in the wastes.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on August 31, 2013, 01:23:01 PM
Quote from: Potaje on August 31, 2013, 03:48:14 AM

Duh, super sekrit magicker hiding in the wastes.

Small chested scantly clad woman begins chanting:

" Suk mon Beg Melk Teates"

The small chested scantly clad woman's breasts swell ten times their normal size and bob, bounce, with unwordly lightness as then don't sag.

The BABOOM-sized chested scantly clad woman says in tribal accent, calling out:
"Milk is back on the menu, Boys!"
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg87-uwIy54

I'll see you at the Erdlu races.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Some of my characters have had only erdlu as mounts. Erdlu are fun, despite their downsides.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on August 31, 2013, 08:31:25 PM
Some of my characters have had only erdlu as mounts. Erdlu are fun, despite their downsides.

Erdlu are my favorite! It's been so long since I've had a character with one though.

In twelve years I've had one erdlu. One.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Same, but in four years.  Though that might change.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Erdlu are highly underrrated. Despite their lack of uninterrupted long-distance travel. Their speed is fantastic. And since so few people use them, it's usually pretty easy to keep your mount straight without having to title it, even when out in a group.
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on September 01, 2013, 01:25:49 PM
Erdlu are highly underrrated. Despite their lack of uninterrupted long-distance travel. Their speed is fantastic. And since so few people use them, it's usually pretty easy to keep your mount straight without having to title it, even when out in a group.

Poor erdlu doesn't get a name.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

I actually often title mine 'erdly' because for some reason, when I'm using an erdlu, I seem to typo 'erdly' a lot and it helps with that. That's a bit sad, tho.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 08, 2013, 12:32:44 PM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on August 08, 2013, 12:09:59 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 08, 2013, 11:22:28 AM
Tuluk = Starks.

They'll come around in the end.

I don't understand how this is true. You don't seem to understand the definition of the word you used. I would say 'Nak is that. Can't say much more because it would fall into the realm of ICly info which is absolutely not a thing to do here.

Well, like in Song of Ice and Fire the Starks are always getting fucked over. But we all know in the end GRRM is finally going to grow a heart and have Jon Snow and Arya win everything.

No, Tuluk is france. They will survive but...There france.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

you ride through the scrub forest...

your mount falls violently under you and you plumet through a waterfall of sand...

you come to your senses laying in a pile of soft dirt, the area is shaded and cool with roots bulging everywhever and walls of dirt rising high up into the sky on either side of this narrow corridor...

hordes fo kryl begin crawling out of the earth's soily bosom all around you

http://youtu.be/DTWYQhTT388

Anakore (ignore that it's under water)

http://vimeo.com/28280553
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Anakore aren't insects though.

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Antlion or Ankhead would be the beasties you are looking for.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Dujat

Scrab

Tarantula

Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Incoming dump!

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.