Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Hello Imgur. :p
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Reddit, actually, but I found it pretty inspirational :P
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

A ring-tailed lem---I mean jozhal sitting in the desert:

Too bad the tail is the only resemblance though...

"I wouldn't go that way if I were you, there are two thumpers eyeing you from the alley and waiting to brain you. Maybe if you twist His Arm with some black they'll disappear. They'll stab them in the squinters and make their eyes glow like Jihae."

Jozhal... though if Arm's ever start wielding weapons, newb southy hunters are fecked. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Jozhal were cuter in my mind :(

Kinda like this (cause they're so colorful):

That is not how I imagined jozhal to be at all. Stuff makes more sense now. And they do wield stuff. :/

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

They can in DarkSun ( http://www.lomion.de/cmm/jozhal.php ), but I don't believe so in Arm.
I assume that little code quirk where almost all mobs use to auto pickup/wield anything wieldable they ran across was fixxed a while back. I haven't seen any scimitar-wielding scrabs/goudra/skeet/carru in a few years. :D

I've always pictured them as mini raptors but with iridescent skin. I think the skin is Armageddon only.
There use to be a good image of them stealing eggs on the web, but I can't find it now.

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Yeah, I'm definitely glad I now know what a jozhal actually looks like! Thanks for posting those pics!

Do quirris have six legs?

Staff should put up a submission call for original critter images!

Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on May 29, 2013, 05:26:45 PM
I haven't seen any scimitar-wielding scrabs/goudra/skeet/carru in a few years. :D

Actually, about a year ago I saw a carru picking up a rock to wield it o.O

I guess I've just been lucky. When I was a newb and obsidian hacking was the thing, I think I ran into more armed scrabs than not.
I guess they were taking all the weapons from the noobs they were munching on, or else some player was running around with a bag of blades and dropping them for shits and giggles. :D
Grebber - One who grebs.

I think Jozhal should wield stuff and constantly scurry by anyone with food/shiny stuff and steal it.

"I wouldn't go that way if I were you, there are two thumpers eyeing you from the alley and waiting to brain you. Maybe if you twist His Arm with some black they'll disappear. They'll stab them in the squinters and make their eyes glow like Jihae."

Another Jozhal for Good Measure

This will be a long one and I didn't look through all 37 pages so you MIGHT have seen some or all of these.

May 30, 2013, 12:51:40 AM #917 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:53:58 AM by Refugee
You guys are really creative with finding these pictures.  Sometimes I think, that's just how I pictured that thing/place/people, and sometimes it's entirely different.  But I always enjoy this thread.

Jozhals wield stuff.  They often have rocks, I've seen one with an arrow.  I think in darksun jozhals are also vivaduans.  They don't at least to my knowledge seem to be Vivaduans in zalanthas. 
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I still want to believe Jozhal look like geckos. :(

Quote from: Iiyola on May 30, 2013, 04:08:54 AM
I still want to believe Jozhal look like geckos. :(

I also though they were more like geckos. Like...flat to the ground. Maybe the sdesc needs an adjustment, I dunno. Obv. I never get to look at the mdesc because they are the most hardcore dangerous critters in game...which never made sense before (when I was all like, how are they leaping into the air to scratch out my eyes like that?! arghghhhhh) but now it does because they are fricking DINOSAURS.

I still can't get over this. Mind. Blown.

Granted this is way fancier, but this is about how I picture the 'booths' at various taverns in-game.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

May 31, 2013, 05:09:47 PM #923 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:12:09 PM by rpgguy2000
Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on May 31, 2013, 04:11:58 AM
Granted this is way fancier, but this is about how I picture the 'booths' at various taverns in-game.

Yeah I pictured something similar when I think of the booths, although my imagination was seeing something plainer - more along the lines of:

Simplicity, very little lighting or bright colors, and it almost looks like this is over looking a sand-colored-ish city...that is somehow magickally lit up... :o (Sorry for the small pic coudn't find bigger)

On an unrelated note here are some more random pictures the make me think Zalanthas:

June 01, 2013, 08:33:32 AM #924 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:38:49 AM by rpgguy2000
So back on topic I.E More Jozhals...

I think jozhals lack empathy because they just sit there and casually watch as a living cactus kills their pal with a spiky tackle and tiny little spiky punches. I would say they are too dumb to understand what is going on but they are way smarter thanwe give them credit for. For one they can and do use tools.

Not sure if this is or isn't actually a jozhal. Halfsilt? Is that like a half-breed but something mixed with a jozhal?

So if half-breed jozhals exists then this is one type of them. This is not a Jozhal it's a Pterran. I know. But when I saw it I thought: If dwarf + human = Mul - then dwarf + johzal = pterran.
PTERRAN: The Jozhal equivalent to a Mul - He's buff, he's tough, but he doesn't look mad enough.  :-[

But in the end Jozhals are no different from you or I. See? They kill people and steal their boots too!