Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

The 200 days played nilazi/sorcerer is here.

QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

This thread isn't for posting random deviantART pictures (and worse than that, someone ELSE's random pictures they worked on, without giving them any credit) that have nothing to do with Zalanthas or visualizing the world there.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on June 14, 2012, 09:01:43 AM
This thread isn't for posting random deviantART pictures (and worse than that, someone ELSE's random pictures they worked on, without giving them any credit) that have nothing to do with Zalanthas or visualizing the world there.

Is this in reference to mine? Curious since mine is last and previous were trees.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on June 14, 2012, 01:47:51 PM

Is this in reference to mine? Curious since mine is last and previous were trees.

Not at all!  It was removed.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

June 14, 2012, 03:21:00 PM #655 Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:29:52 PM by Karieith

Nyr, the image, when clicked on, linked directly to the user's deviant art page and to the image. I tested it upon post to make sure the URL was strung into the picture correctly.

Maybe the picture didn't have anything Zalanthan about it? Hnn, I'll try and find more obviously Zalanthan pictures as well and post links to further pictures as a visible URL below pictures from now on.

Link to website which contains this picture.

Nice scrubby red desert here.

I remember this scene from Fallout 2. I shouldn't be surprised that so many pictures from it could probably be copy pasted right over Zalanthan terrain. Defilers are the new nuclear armageddon.

Quote from: Karieith on June 14, 2012, 03:21:00 PM

Nyr, the image, when clicked on, linked directly to the user's deviant art page and to the image. I tested it upon post to make sure the URL was strung into the picture correctly.

Maybe the picture didn't have anything Zalanthan about it?
Hnn, I'll try and find more obviously Zalanthan pictures as well and post links to further pictures as a visible URL below pictures from now on.

June 14, 2012, 03:59:43 PM #657 Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:22:38 PM by Karieith
Quote from: Nyr on June 14, 2012, 03:37:51 PM
Quote from: Karieith on June 14, 2012, 03:21:00 PM

Maybe the picture didn't have anything Zalanthan about it?
Hnn, I'll try and find more obviously Zalanthan pictures as well and post links to further pictures as a visible URL below pictures from now on.

I think Zalanthan-ness is subjective. But, you've been here longer and so are probably expert enough in what is Zalanthany and what is not to make that judgment call. So, I'm willing to concede that I may not have posted something Zalanthany enough, but I don't appreciate being accused of not crediting the artist when I did.

Anyway, pictures.

A lot of the ones on this website are cool.

'Nak innit.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Karieith on June 14, 2012, 03:59:43 PM
I think Zalanthan-ness is subjective. But, you've been here longer and so are probably expert enough in what is Zalanthany and what is not to make that judgment call. So, I'm willing to concede that I may not have posting something Zalanthany enough but I don't appreciate being accused of not crediting the artist when I did.

When staff members post a warning about not doing this or that after moderating things, they aren't doing so in order for you to argue on the GDB in response that your position is correct if you look at it the way you look at it.  You can appeal via the request tool if you have a gripe or (if you'd like!) ask for clarification there and I'll be happy to explain why your post was moderated.

The super sekret oasis to the east of 'Nak.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Rocky terrain in canyons.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Hint: Those are boots.
Nyr: lifesaver hishn to the rishncue

Quote from: Potaje on June 14, 2012, 07:13:11 PM

Rocky terrain in canyons.

This is pretty much exactly how I imagine the entrance to that volcanic shit outside 'Nak.

Quote from: Hishn on June 14, 2012, 08:56:09 PM

Lol. When an IMM posts something like this for the vis. zalanth. thread.... I get excited.
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Hishn on June 14, 2012, 08:56:09 PM

Great, now everyone knows who I'm playing, jerk.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Since there is no metal, really, and so much armor is made of cloth...

I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Awesome find, but armour is made out of hide/leather or shell not cloth.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on June 17, 2012, 12:03:21 AM
Awesome find, but armour is made out of hide/leather or shell not cloth.

*facepalm* well.. let's pretend it's leather.. :p

Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

fwiw there is totally cloth armor

Quote from: MeTekillot on June 17, 2012, 06:04:56 PM

...yeah wait.. I have a reinforced canvas jacket...

Movies.

"Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity." Inspiration for anyone wanting to play an escaped slave with big knockers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKMPpkjIxsE (trailer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBGGnQbEJ0U (full movie, on youtube)

Also, "Outlaw of of Gor," but with Mystery Science Theater 3000 over it, if you're into the gay thing. There's no full movie link for this one without MST3K guys but I found it funny and very dark-sun inspired. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os-gE6rgmKI

Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on June 17, 2012, 06:45:55 PM
Also, "Outlaw of of Gor," but with Mystery Science Theater 3000 over it, if you're into the gay thing. There's no full movie link for this one without MST3K guys but I found it funny and very dark-sun inspired. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os-gE6rgmKI

Why did I just watch this.

Quote from: greasygemo on June 17, 2012, 06:28:23 PM
Quote from: MeTekillot on June 17, 2012, 06:04:56 PM

...yeah wait.. I have a reinforced canvas jacket...

Oh duh, SANDCLOTH ARMOUR.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points