Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Quote from: Fredd on January 26, 2011, 08:38:48 AM
Quote from: Ami on January 25, 2011, 05:29:25 PM
I'd definately love to doodle these.

Will  have to find a professional to do 'em properly though.

I'de love to see your doodling

+1

Offtopic: Ami usually does it on Tinychat
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Fredd on January 26, 2011, 04:58:31 AM
Quote from: Fathi on January 26, 2011, 12:32:31 AM
This is how I've always pictured a carru:

Except picture the hunters naked save for their thongs and knives.

I sort of do as well. But there supposed to have alot of sharp teeth and such.

They are herbivores, so no..

Quote from: Kismetic on January 26, 2011, 05:47:47 AM
Pretty sure more legs are involved ...

You must be confusing the carru with the chalton?

Carru : Territorial by nature and dangerous by virtue of their size (tall as a war beetle at the shoulder, but much slimmer) and spearlike antlers, an adult carru can pose a significant threat to the unwary. Normally herbivores of the drier parts of the north, their relative commoness there has made their hide, as well as their antlers, a commonly used material.

"Daddy, I barfed in my mouth!"

Quote from: zakattack on January 26, 2011, 09:46:51 PM
They are herbivores, so no..

Quote from: l carru
...Each of its four powerful legs end in sharp claws, and several dagger-like teeth line its muzzle, with grazing teeth along the front of its mouth....
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

So like an elk with a boar's muzzle.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

January 27, 2011, 10:34:39 AM #379 Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:58:34 PM by Nyr
yes, please do not hotlink stuff direct from D&D here.  -Nyr
Amor Fati

Awesome drawings
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Might want to reupload them somewhere and link to that instead of hotlinking directly to the D&D website. D:

Just imagine him with pointed ears.

Quote from: spicemustflow on January 27, 2011, 05:36:08 PM

Ooh...the expression is just right.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

Quote from: Bilanthri on January 27, 2011, 08:47:41 PM
Quote from: spicemustflow on January 27, 2011, 05:36:08 PM

Ooh...the expression is just right.

he also has A Liver problem (hepatitis) or yellow fever.

Oh I found a Carru!

Thanks to avatar the last airbender season 2 (been watching it)
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Oh yeah, him.  I remember.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Fredd on January 29, 2011, 09:49:22 AM
Oh I found a Carru!

Thanks to avatar the last airbender season 2 (been watching it)

I've always seen carru as more moose-like than elk-like, mainly due to the temperament.

Nice find.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

Quote from: Fredd on January 29, 2011, 09:49:22 AM
he also has A Liver problem (hepatitis) or yellow fever

A Sun Runner, obviously.

Quote from: Fredd on January 25, 2011, 05:23:12 PM
Can someone draw the following for me?

Bamuk
Skeet
Cavernmouth Yompar
Carru

I would LOVE visuals for these.

These are just approximations of my mental images. May or may not be totally accurate to IG descriptions.

I love how the one has wheels.  Success!   :D

The one on the top-left isn't scary... the other three are nightmare-inducing. Thanks a lot. :(

It looks like rudolf has roid rage

A cavern-mouthed yompar rolls in from the west.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

February 01, 2011, 07:29:00 PM #394 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:33:33 PM by hyzhenhok
Quote from: Fredd on February 01, 2011, 10:27:56 AM
It looks like rudolf has roid rage

Rue-Death the red-nosed carru
Has a very blood-stained snout
And if he ever sees you
You won't even get a shout

Also: The sandy-clawed mantis has arrived from above, atop a floating, red-nosed carru.

Quote from: HavokBlue on February 01, 2011, 01:02:37 PM
A cavern-mouthed yompar low-rides in from the west.

Fixed

Thought you might appreciate seeing an anakore.

If you starved that thing for a month it would probably match my mental image.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

I visualize anakores as really skinny people with multiple, claw-tipped arms and mandibles. Also an armored shell.

I could actually see that thing burrowing through sand. It could probably flatten itself out pretty well.

Giant humanoid sand halibut.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.