Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 24, 2010, 03:01:57 PM

A vicious tembo is prowling here.

Tembos are reptilian, you silly billy.

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 24, 2010, 03:01:57 PM

First thing that came to mind when I saw this...

Gortok: A common type of canine in the northlands, the gortok are well-known as wild predatory scavengers with a strong pack mentality. They are not known for particular intelligence or cleanliness, but are quite hardy, capable of loping great distances after their slowly tiring prey before moving in with their vise-like jaws. Their hides often become an all but useless mass of scar tissue due to the constant fighting amongst themselves or the wounds recieved during a hunt.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

September 08, 2010, 08:07:41 AM #302 Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:29:16 AM by Samira
A ripe, blue kalan:

My twin sister took tis picture at this year's Burning Man.

Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Gypsies!!! I saw these ads in this month's Elle while bored on lunchbreak and thought, "They remind me of modern ARM gypos." Ahh. I don't care if it's not ARM canon - it makes me smile and think of gypsies. So yeah!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on September 09, 2010, 09:18:49 PM

Gypsies!!! I saw these ads in this month's Elle while bored on lunchbreak and thought, "They remind me of modern ARM gypos." Ahh. I don't care if it's not ARM canon - it makes me smile and think of gypsies. So yeah!

Everyone knows all Armageddon gypsies are absurdly attractive for some reason.

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 09, 2010, 09:32:49 PM
Quote from: boog on September 09, 2010, 09:18:49 PM

What do you mean for some reason? Everyone knows they kill and eat the ugly babies.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on September 10, 2010, 11:28:44 AM
Quote from: MeTekillot on September 09, 2010, 09:32:49 PM

What do you mean for some reason? Everyone knows they kill and eat the ugly babies.

False. As the current Tan Muark Storyteller, I do not appreciate such lies and slandering. Gypsies do not eat their own ugly babies; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling for more information. This is the real reason that gyspy PCs are markedly more attractive than those unfortunate city-dwellers.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

God, at the things nOObs come up with...

Gypsies are always gorgeous because they only steal BEAUTIFUL babies from BEAUTIFUL parents.

And Talia.... I would have expected better from staff. ;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I MEANT THE COLORS! C'mon. :< Not just that they're attractive. Those kids are all too thin and probably British (haaa) to find attractive.

But yeah. Gypsies. Totally hot.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Potaje on August 12, 2010, 02:02:21 PM
My favorite:

How come no one ever gets the dwarves correct? They're all using the cheap trick of making those legs absurdly short in order to cut at the dwarf's height, while drawing them normally proportioned above the waist. The first pic is relatively fine, but the second? Where are his knees? And everyone does that, no matter the kind of dwarf they're doing.

I take it there are no female dwarves in the Dark Sun book? I imagine hairless female dwarves would be just as unpopular as the bearded female dwarves that everyone did away starting around D&D 3rd edition.

What gets me is that somewhere in the Dark Sun stuff, I read that dwarves loathe tattoos - but every single picture of one I've seen drawn, they have some sort of ink. Like they're so hairlessly naked they need some form of adornment, so what the hell.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

<insert tavern of choice here>

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on September 25, 2010, 03:35:14 PM
Quote from: HavokBlue on September 25, 2010, 02:36:37 PM

B.... But nobody's wearing a helmet!

???

The classy fellow on the bottom left.  8)
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on September 25, 2010, 04:43:35 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on September 25, 2010, 03:35:14 PM
Quote from: HavokBlue on September 25, 2010, 02:36:37 PM

B.... But nobody's wearing a helmet!

???

The classy fellow on the bottom left.  8)

Still missing spiked/clawed/razor-backed gauntlets of some sort. ::)
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

>enter cave

It is completely dark in here.

>light torch

Quote from: hyzhenhok on October 17, 2010, 09:00:39 AM
>enter cave

>light torch

draw scimitar
A spotted, mangy gortok claws your head, wounding you.

Lol, exactly... cool gortok-cave picture.

Great pic, hyzhenhok. Reminds me of my last character. ;D

Quote from: hyzhenhok on October 17, 2010, 09:00:39 AM
>enter cave

>light torch

That guy looks kinda....happy....to see them animals.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

He's a Tuluki magicker with a bad star roll, duh!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I never played Dark Sun, so at times, I find it hard to visualize some things.  I just want to say, this thread is amazing, and thanks to everyone who contributed!  So that's what an argosy looks like!

I would've never guessed by reading the docs that a Mekillot looks like a triceratops.  Mantis are thri-kreen from D&D, it appears.  Really, really neat stuff in here.  It will really bring the text alive.

Kudos!

November 19, 2010, 01:40:06 PM #324 Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:38:17 AM by Rathustra
Quote from: Bilanthri on November 19, 2010, 11:37:19 AM
Quote from: Kismetic on November 19, 2010, 04:02:42 AM
Mantis are thri-kreen from D&D, it appears.

Thri-kreen were one of the primary native races in the Dark Sun setting. I always figured that their presence in other settings was more alien.

>>Link removed. Please do not link to copyrighted material.

^^^ big pdf...patience.

I never knew where they were from (never even owned any Dark Sun expansions) but I used thri-kreen in some sessions as a DM.  Mostly because, well ...  they're badass.