Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Quote from: Riev on October 24, 2008, 08:33:28 PM
Quote from: Malifaxis on October 23, 2008, 04:00:29 PM

Or if she's hunting humans and she wants them to stand there, slack-jawed, as she shoots them in the face.

Because I would.

Wow.

Faxis, I love you and all, but that girl looks 15. Unless you're in West Texas, there is a problem here.

I'd fuck her.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Riev on October 24, 2008, 08:33:28 PM

Faxis, I love you and all, but that girl looks 15. Unless you're in West Texas Zalanthas, there is a problem here.

Fixed.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Benjari raider about to lay the smacketh down!  :o

Amor Fati

Byn Latrine without the Shit

Quote from: AJM
Only noobs quote themselves.

December 21, 2008, 09:27:00 PM #130 Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:28:34 PM by Silverfaune
A friend of mine just got back from Afghanistan and had oodles of pictures of desert things, but I thought this one was particularly nice.  These tiny desert flowers would pop out of apparently nothing but stone and sand, reminded me of collecting herbs.
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.
- John Dee, Preludes & Nocturns

Here's a site for Native American crafts and artwork.
Some of it is very Zalanthan.

http://www.crystalbuffalo.com/

A 14.5" collectors knife handmade with a 10" elk bone handle, attached to a 4.5" serrated black obsidian blade. Elk sinew is passed through a drilled hole in the handle, and tied. This knife comes with a black glass display case.

The extremely sharp blade is made from black obsidian and is close to 13"long with serrated edges. Over 1.5" of the blade is attached to the handle to keep it in place.
The 8" handle is made with sequoia cactus, with an additional 6" elk sinew tie on the end. The two pieces are held together in the traditional way using elk sinew and pitch. This is an eye-catching piece. An awesome 27" from end to end including the elk tie.

A 7" knife. The blade is a translucent chocolate flint piece and has serrated edges all around. The handle is made from a bone which has been dyed dark brown.

This has got to be the one everybody will talk about! The clear glass blade is an awesome 15" long with 1.5" used as part of the handle.

In the center of the knife there is 2" of 'pitch' and elk sinew to hold them together. The handle is 6" and is made with pinon pine wood. At the very end of the knife there is 23" of horsehair, sinew, and two feathers. It was too long to get everything into the picture. An absolutely awesome looking knife made by one of the best artists around, Black Wolf.

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

That last one reminds me of a certain knife IG. Very nice, FW. :)

A Dark Sun visual weapons gallery!!!

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rpblack/ds/dsweap.htm

I would post some pics, but it is worth the read to take a look at the page!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

A giant dust storm in Texas, 1935.

Tlaloc
Legend

This woman reminds me of a tribal smoking spice for some reason.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Tlaloc on January 02, 2009, 07:32:24 PM
A giant dust storm in Texas, 1935.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^
Are those guys rangers, or just twinks?   ;)
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Jhodpur, "The Blue City" ... a Brahmin city in which the only paint color allowed is blue.

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I fricking LOVE that movie.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Sun shining on the stone wall. (ignore the kitten, the grass and the pretty flowers)

Ignore everything except the wall?

And the sunlight.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Oh hai, it's a cuddly little gemmer kit- HEY WAIT JUST A MINUTE! >:(

I was thinking more like, to the north, a duskhorn grazes here

Hunt, you search for tracks...

Suk-Krath rises in the east

Shield Wall

March 16, 2009, 08:09:53 PM #146 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 01:15:16 AM by Rhyden
Bleh.

Quote from: Thorg on March 15, 2009, 02:10:12 PM

Grebbing for junk to sell.

This is the coolest picture. Where's it from?

March 17, 2009, 09:24:19 AM #149 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:05:59 AM by Thorg
Quote from: spicemustflow on March 17, 2009, 06:36:18 AM
Quote from: Thorg on March 15, 2009, 02:10:12 PM

Grebbing for junk to sell.

This is the coolest picture. Where's it from?

From "The last 24 hours in picture" semi-daily article from the telegraph newspaper's website (telegraph.co.uk). Unfortunately I don't have the link anymore.
Here's another:

Life in the 'rinth.

From: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/5005988/Sony-World-Photography-Awards-2009-professional-finalists.html?image=10
"Bihar aftermath: a mother and daughter in a refugee camp"