Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Help me find some good pictures of desert scenes that could be applicable to Zalanthas. I know someone (Naephet, possibly?) posted some gorgeous ones, but they elude my searching attempts. So, I've turned to google, and you guys. I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy being able to have a clear picture in my mind of what various places in-game would probably look like.

Here's some I've found so far.

A patch of Tablelands...

More Tablelands...

The Salt Flats

The Shield Wall

The Sandy Wastes

Sunrise on the Red Desert

Red Desert Dunes

Wind Blowing Across the Dusty Plains

A Yypr Tree Near Some Canyons

'more tablelands' picture is tight.

edited to add:  Even cooler after getting high.  I wanna eat drugs there, heh.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Heeheehee. That's preatty cool.  :lol:

"More tablelands" is almost exactly how I picture a certain spot on the North Road, just past Luirs.  I think it's "Under an outcropping of rock"?  I'm not sure.
 wish I was witty enough to have something here.  Alas.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing, Delirium.

Awesome.. Thanks..
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

he stories are woven
and fortunes are told
The truth is measured by the weight of your gold
The magic lies scattered
on rugs on the ground
Faith is conjured in the night market's sound

October 09, 2004, 11:55:17 PM #8 Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 11:50:10 PM by Fnord
Crimson striped raptor
Amor Fati

November 13, 2004, 09:16:39 PM #9 Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:57:32 AM by Fnord
Brom (who is the fantasy artist that did the majority of Dark Sun's art) rocks my world. Enjoy!

Edit: These links all died after a while, so I added them to my ImageShack account.

Check 'em out!
Amor Fati

Looks like that xoom site is down or doesn't exist, or maybe you put in the wrong URL? I keep getting the same site that talks about clipart and has a google search on top.

QuoteLooks like that xoom site is down or doesn't exist, or maybe you put in the wrong URL? I keep getting the same site that talks about clipart and has a google search on top.

The links are good, IE just fucks them up for some reason... (They seem to work in Firefox, for those of you that have made the switch.)

*grrr* Give me a minute, I'll see if I can make them work in IE...

All fixed... I'm sure my friend won't mind me dumping 10 MB of pics on his server! :twisted:
Amor Fati

Fnord, you have officially earned yourself a spot among my ever-growing harem. As an entry prize, enjoy these two busty elf girls. Or if they're not to your taste, I have this really talented halfling...

These pictures ROCK. (I use Firefox 1.0 PR)

Pleasure Slave rocks.  :wink:

EDIT: Firefox 1.0

Fnord, pics are amazing, saving every single one to disk.  :twisted:

-Rhyden

Cool, glad people liked the BROM pics. I know he did a few paintings of muls, but haven't been able to track them down... yet!
Amor Fati

I was a bartender at a resort in Death Valley for a season.  My experience there colors my Armageddon sessions.  It was infernally hot, barren, and unpleasant- yet Zalanthas is even worse.  It didn't prevent Europeans paying quite a bit of money to stay there.  It was called the Furnace Creek Inn and you can probably Google it.

Cool [sorry, still stuck at that phase where this is the word]

After looking at it, it makes me realise that many of the hunts that I did is actually quite impossible, I mean you probably need at least three people to take out the half-giant face to face, not to mention a bahamet/beetle. [no, never hunted them before]
Lovehina- Ken Akamatsu

No muls, or dwarves?

Lame.

Uhm, but still, what is here is nice.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

QuoteNomads in south Afghanistan. Non-threatening Afghans who cross the path of the photographer often appear an exotic sight, straight out of oriental folk-tales.

Photogallery at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/4083499.stm

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"No muls, or dwarves?

Lame.

Uhm, but still, what is here is nice.

I found a picture of a Mul by Brom, and a picture of a dwarf by Baxa and stuck it up on my site.  Enjoy!

http://www.mattfung.com/armageddon/resourceraces.htm
atthew Fung
www.ambushpaintball.com/armageddon
www.homepage.mac.com/matthewfung
matthew@ambushpaintball.com

Quote from: "Matrim"I found a picture of a Mul by Brom, and a picture of a dwarf by Baxa and stuck it up on my site.  Enjoy!

Nice web resource and cool new pics. :)
Amor Fati

Just to note: the picture Matrim uses as a Gith on his page, is actually a Belgoi. I always imagined gith to look more like the Githyanki or Gith from ADnD. Don't have a picture, offhand, otherwise, I'd post it, heh.
Tlaloc
Legend

A google image search for githyanki turned these up:

http://www.ashlock.org/Images/NPCs/githyanki-female.gif

Proof that a determined artist can make ANYTHING look vaguely sexy:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/transfer/pictures/OTHER_James_Bracknell17githhome.jpg

There were some really cool looking ones, but the links were broken.

p.s. Ooh. Here we go.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm_gallery/GithYankiWarrior.jpg