Author Topic: "understanding of politics"  (Read 1035 times)

Miee

"understanding of politics"
« on: September 12, 2004, 07:18:22 PM »
When an announcement goes up for a certain position that asks for an "understanding of politics" does that simply mean along the lines knowing the ranking table and what your place is in Nak/Tuluk society or does it require more finer things such as who's who?

I ask because I tend to think it's the latter, which rather discourages me from apping.  (Aside from the fact that my brain tends to be marinated in a nice white wine sauce and is delicately seasoned.)
 wish I was witty enough to have something here.  Alas.

Halaster

• Legend
Re: "understanding of politics"
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 07:23:05 PM »
Quote from: "Miee"
When an announcement goes up for a certain position that asks for an "understanding of politics" does that simply mean along the lines knowing the ranking table and what your place is in Nak/Tuluk society or does it require more finer things such as who's who?

I ask because I tend to think it's the latter, which rather discourages me from apping.  (Aside from the fact that my brain tends to be marinated in a nice white wine sauce and is delicately seasoned.)

Good question.

I would imagine that the best course would be to email whoever posted the announcement and ask them to be certain.  Personally, I would think it means the former.  Knowing who's who changes as people retire/die/etc., after all.
Halaster

Gargath

• Legend
Hrm
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 07:24:15 PM »
If this is in regards to my post I'll be happy to answer.

I posted a remind as just that, a reminder. Personally, it seems like to me that people see it in three groups. Commoners, Nobles, and Templars. I just wanted to refresh everyones memory that it isnt just three groups.

I hope this answers your question? If not, feel free to mail me and cc mud with any further questions =)
Gargath, the Scapegoat of Despair

Softly, the evil sorcerer says, in sirihish:
     "Great Tektolnes' Hairy Balls!  That's rather amazin'"

The evil sorcerer thinks: Hm, does he really have hair on them?  Gah.. stop thinking about this.

ashyom

• Legend
"understanding of politics"
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 08:25:50 PM »
For Oash, knowing who's who isn't important.  What is important is knowing your place in the political society, knowing how to manipulate people to get your goals accomplished, jockey for votes or deals that benefits you/your house, being able to exchange insults/compliments without taking it personally (OOCly), etc.

Even if you aren't familar with conducting this yourself, some knowledge either from OOC or IC observations is pretty good in my book.
Hopefully this answers the question.
Ashyom