Author Topic: Karma regen, Karma prohibition, who is waiting on regen?  (Read 698 times)

Hauwke

Re: Karma regen, Karma prohibition, who is waiting on regen?
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2018, 07:39:37 PM »
My favorite role is that one Runner who goes down the well first. Fuck yes for stupidity!

Vex

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2018, 12:25:28 AM »
I'm just gonna leave this here: redshirt throwaway PCs are really fun to play.

I find most of them, to be jarring and ridiculous, as I have a difficult time imagining anyone living to be 20-30 years old, yet the second they're in the game, they turn into bumbling oafs, who die within a year, to a total lack of sense.

Tbh, I'd rather have more people consistently playing the race/class/subs that interest/excite them, and having a good time, than biding their time on Haven, or playing some obscene caricature, who blows farts towards a Templar, and runs out shouting "Tee hee hee!", until someone kills them.

I don't understand, this obsessive need to constrict and limit people, or to withhold so much, from so many, for so long, when most of the time, I don't see more than 25-30 people online, and often, much less than that.

It all seems, rather backwards and self-defeating, tbh.
"Mortals do drown so."

Miradus

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2018, 12:30:21 AM »
The game seems to be constantly fighting against the tide of options.

Imagine advertising on Mud connector:

"Look at all the options we have ... once you've played here for 10 fucking years. Maybe. And even then, once every 90 days."

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2018, 12:50:42 AM »
I'm not talking about immersion-breaking morons, I'm talking about flavor characters that bring to life the virtual PCs that nobody plays long-term. The half-mad beggars, the reeking scum of the earth sort of types that most PCs are too "special" to be.

Plenty of people live to be 20-30 in real life but end up doing hard drugs or becoming alcoholics or criminals and making dumb life choices that end up getting them jailed/killed/wrecked and that's cushy Earth life. Now import that to Zalanthas.

I am probably biased, I usually enjoy taking a break between serious characters (or, just taking a break) because I sometimes find it hard to go from one long-lived PC to another without some sort of interim piddling around.
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

tapas

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2018, 07:04:25 AM »
This whole thing does seem kind of dumb to me. If I was at 0 karma after dying I'd just put in a specapp and bypass the process altogether.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2018, 11:05:36 AM »
Note I am still a proponent of lowering the cost of ESGs to 1 or getting rid of the cost all together.

Karma should be/was for gating difficult/magickal roles, not mundane concepts.
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

650Booger

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »
everybody wants to drive the ferrari and nobody wants to drive the honda?  surprise!  But i can vouch that an accord is still a really good car.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Lizzie

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2018, 02:14:09 PM »
everybody wants to drive the ferrari and nobody wants to drive the honda?  surprise!  But i can vouch that an accord is still a really good car.

I want to drive the Jaguar. But when the Jag is in the shop, I really like riding my bicycle. Or even walking. It's a refreshing change.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.