Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 21205 times)

Brytta Léofa

Re: Fitness
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2019, 06:58:25 PM »
This week has been a big nothing. Getting back into it tomorrow.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "This ain't no city, grebber!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

MeTekillot

« Reply #301 on: February 01, 2019, 03:11:33 AM »
Been eating 3k calories almost every day. Cardio improvements have made my meditative breathing much easier. Should stop smoking cigarettes. Most of the calories are in sugar packed nutrition shakes.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

MeTekillot

« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
Came too close to a shoulder injury trying to up my weight on the chest press. On a week's rest, just to make sure nothing is fucky. Haven't tried maxing out but I can do my body weight for my sets of 8-10 (155 lbs).
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2019, 07:12:55 AM »
I went super light last week to try and heal up my wrist, etc. Getting good form on my squats. Pretty stoked.

And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

boog

« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2019, 09:49:56 AM »
The Y reconfigured so much shit since I've been gone that its free weight area is LAUGHABLE. So, I've been stuck to machines, because there are only 1-2 pairs of each dumbbell weight available, and there are only 1-2 pairs of plates for each weight available.

It's fucking ridiculous, y'all. And they only have one cable machine. So ............................

I've been doing the assisted pullup/dip machine for my legs and also chest/tricep/back. I use the abduction machines for booty and legs. Leg press machine at low weights with high reps for sideways leg presses. Chest fly machine. Quad extension and hamstring whatever the fuck.

I'm really miffed. I'm paying so much money a month for them to get rid of all of the good stuff. Fuckin' stupid.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

roughneck

« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »
I've completely bailed on lifting weights. I'm old and fuck that.

BJJ, calisthenics, yoga, and rowing machines.

Intermittent fasting.

Dropped 30lbs. Getting skinny!

On the rowing machine I always play this scene out in my mind's eye.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2019, 01:08:47 AM »
Failed on squats last night and only did my warm up for bench since my wrist. Still did power cleans.

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2019, 01:13:56 PM »
Wednesday:
squat 5x5 200 lb
OH press 5x5 85 lb
deadlift 1x5 145 lb

Last Friday:
squat 5x5 195 lb
bench 5xs5 110 lb
row 5x5 85 lb

Should get another one in this afternoon, which will make this week better than last week. :)

Cind

« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2019, 04:41:26 AM »
I've been able to do more sets of a tai chi move called Search the Sky. It uses the horse or half-horse stance and is part of the set of the Precious Eight (the eight most valuable poses in tai chi.)

At first I didn't try for more than one complete set of mirrored moves on either side, now I'm up to three. I haven't been giving it a whole lot of effort. Requires leg strength. Its supposed to be good for wounds.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Cind

« Reply #309 on: February 09, 2019, 06:22:46 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/fitness/the-best-and-worst-cities-for-an-active-lifestyle/ss-BBThQ6e?ocid=spartanntp#image=1

This news article is a list of what I'd call the easiest places and the hardest places in America to work out, although some of the places listed are suburbs outside of their cities, where most people are not going to walk to work. The article looks at things like numbers of parklands/basketball hoops/playgrounds/baseball diamonds, and hiking and running trails, sporting goods stores, number of fitness centers and fitness trainers and how much the services of the last two cost. Also air quality and the predictability of the weather.

Best places for fitness:

1. Honululu
2. Chicago
3. San Francisco
4. Portland
5. Seattle
6. Minneapolis
7. Washington, D.C.
8. Denver
9. San Diego
10. Madison, Wisconsin

Worst Places for Fitness

10. Memphis
9. Garland, Texas
8. Toledo, Ohio
7. Wichita, Kansas
6. Arlington, Texas
5. Fresno, California
4. Irving, Texas
3. Bakersfield, California
2. North Las Vegas
1. Hialeah, Florida
Playing something new could be just what you need!

MeTekillot

« Reply #310 on: February 11, 2019, 10:56:47 PM »
Can chest press more than my bodyweight now. Might be developing a hernia on my side that's crooked from scoliosis, though. Think I'll start doing exercises for my face to manage the slackness of my muscles and develop some definition. Are there tiny weights you can use for your face?

chest press: 160 x 8 x 3
curls: 35 x 12 x 3
wrist curls: 25 x 12 x 3
reverse wrist curls: 15 x 12 x 3
shoulder press (one arm cuz i only got one dumbell): 35 x 12 x 3

Been pounding 6 flights of stairs 3-4 times a day during the week. Also cutting loose in moshpits when I manage to find shows with pretty rowdy ones but that's only been every other weekend or every 2 weekends.

Been holding off on planks until I get the possible hernia looked at.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:00:02 PM by MeTekillot »

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2019, 12:52:32 AM »
Literally snowed out of work (where the gym is) today.

However I have done a deal of shovelling this weekend and built a 4' tall slipform snow wall in front of my house. If the snow zombies come I am ready.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #312 on: February 16, 2019, 03:09:43 AM »
Been trying to rest my body because of my wrist and did mostly cardio this week with some chin up pyramids in there. The chin ups don't really aggravate my wrist. Looking to have one or two lifting days next week and see how that goes.

Potaje

« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2019, 09:12:31 AM »
120 sit ups

60-70 push ups

and some low impact weight training.

Took me from 200 lbs to 153 lbs,, 
from size 40 to 33 / 32. 

and a full on six pack and defined back, shoulders, arms and chest.

I am aiming for lots of bulk, but to define and slim down. 3 month to achieve though continued past that point because I enjoy the feeling.

I had been quick stepping 79 flights of stairs twice a week and running 3 miles 4x week for the first three months, then I pulled a muscle in my hip. Damn this 47 yr old body. So I cut most of this out for a time and will pick up jogging again in the spring and in place I walk to keep up to cardio, though I would rather replace it completely with swimming.
I divide my work out half morning and half in the evening.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

MeTekillot

« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2019, 08:19:12 PM »
Sprained shoulder on Friday so a week's rest until I'm back at it. Still doing stairs. Last two cigarettes then switching to vaping to taper off.

boog

« Reply #315 on: March 01, 2019, 05:06:38 PM »
I've been out of the gym for a week. I had the flu, strep, a sinus infection, norovirus, and pink eye all hit me at once. So I think that's enough of a fucking reason not to.  :-X
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #316 on: March 17, 2019, 10:59:01 PM »
Right arm injury I got a year or two ago is still paying dividends in soreness whenever I do curls or anything that focuses on my forearm. Armwrestles at parties and bars probably aren't helping the situation but I'm probably still going to get into them, because I love armwrestling. Pretty much all my joints are clicky and sore the days after I get into particularly rowdy moshpits but I haven't been hit too hard too many times the last couple of weeks. Steady gains in strength, still, but my finances are somewhat at odds with a decent sleep schedule for recovery and staying social. Self-talk and emotional coping skills have improved vastly from when I first started my fitness goals. Even on days I struggle to get out of bad simply due to a poor mood, I still manage a maintenance set of exercises even if I don't push my limits.

EDIT: Also I'm down to 150 lbs, which is nice. And by nice, I mean I hate it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 02:40:25 AM by MeTekillot »

MeTekillot

« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2019, 02:35:58 AM »
I can chest press 30 lbs more than my bodyweight now but my chest still looks somewhat flat. Wonder if it's a result of the pectus carinatum or if I'm over recruiting my arms into it instead, or maybe chest presses are just ease than benching it. My arms and shoulders look great. Need to work on legs and cardio. No cigarettes for a while now and I've been murdering peanut butter jars for protein.

Scoliosis always has me rest my weight on my right. Going to consciously lean my weight on my left to see if it improves my symptoms. I've had a pinched nerve in my left shoulder for a couple years now. I'm hoping it'll just pop back into place one day like how in TV and I'll become more powerful. My left foot has blisters that my right doesn't because my gait is slightly awkward from it. My left side is somewhat numb and uncoordinated in general (75% that of my right side, maybe?) though my left side is noticeably more muscular as a result of me brute forcing past the dysfunction.

Need another surgery on the lazy eye. Been training it so my eye contact at a distance isn't so hard to note for others. I have binocular control of the eye, it drifts if I don't center it.

Cheating my calorie needs with soda some days. Should probably replace that with milk or something.

I think I've gained weight? I've definitely gained strength but have been avoiding scales so I don't shake my confidence if it turns out I haven't put on any pounds.

Need a car for grocery shopping so I can meal plan.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #318 on: May 28, 2019, 07:11:00 PM »
Well lads/lasses/*,

squat 5x5 175#
overhead press 5x5 75#

Namino

« Reply #319 on: May 28, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »
Can I complain about my diet in here?

MeTekillot

« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2019, 12:58:33 AM »
Only if I can complain about mine. Too much similarly-tasting food overwhelms my palate and makes me not able to eat it anymore. It's not about nausea, it's simply the sensation of the food. On the other hand, I'll frequently have mood swings during meals that overwhelm me with enough emotion that I lose my appetite. I also eat lethal amounts of sugar and salt.

On the bright side, I didn't feel tired whatsoever on my mile walk home today. I wear dress boots with a 2 inch heel.

Namino

« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2019, 02:06:50 AM »
I wake up. I eat 4 servings of peanutbutter. (130g everything is weighed to the gram). 760 calories, 64g fat, 28g carb, 28g protein.
I go to the gym.
I come home. I have 2 servings of Whey Protein Isolate in water. (50g, 180 calories, 42g of protein, neglible carbs/fat). I have two servings of metamucil for fiber (90 calories, all carbs (11g))
I go to work. I eat lunch, 240g of taco chicken or something similar. (396 calories, 74.4g protein, 7g fat, no carbs)
I fast for the rest of the day.

I wake up, start over. 1426 calories, 144.4g protein, 71g fat, 35g carb. 6x working out per week.

For a month now.

No weight loss from 160. I set 155 as my cut goal and it's mocking me. My body is defying the laws of thermodynamics. I should be studied by the government.

Cerelum

« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2019, 09:22:20 AM »
I wake up. I eat 4 servings of peanutbutter. (130g everything is weighed to the gram). 760 calories, 64g fat, 28g carb, 28g protein.
I go to the gym.
I come home. I have 2 servings of Whey Protein Isolate in water. (50g, 180 calories, 42g of protein, neglible carbs/fat). I have two servings of metamucil for fiber (90 calories, all carbs (11g))
I go to work. I eat lunch, 240g of taco chicken or something similar. (396 calories, 74.4g protein, 7g fat, no carbs)
I fast for the rest of the day.

I wake up, start over. 1426 calories, 144.4g protein, 71g fat, 35g carb. 6x working out per week.

For a month now.

No weight loss from 160. I set 155 as my cut goal and it's mocking me. My body is defying the laws of thermodynamics. I should be studied by the government.

You might be offsetting fat loss by muscle gain.  More cardio less weights maybe?

Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Namino

« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2019, 09:44:41 AM »
Sadly, the laws of thermodynamics still apply. If I was losing fat but gaining muscle, the maximum addition of that weight is dictated by the inputs into a system. A closed system can't gain or lose mass (ie, if the system is just me -- bones, organs, fat, muscle and water) by transferring between closed components (ie, moving fat to muscle). The system I have is open (ie, I'm eating and interacting with the universe) the the amount of inputs is, at least on paper, vastly smaller than the amount of output from the system.

I've also been cut/bulk cycling for 7 years now so if somehow I found a way to gain significant muscle mass on a deficit, it'd be be very surprising.

In short: Reeee.

Bebop

« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2019, 04:09:58 PM »
Sadly, the laws of thermodynamics still apply. If I was losing fat but gaining muscle, the maximum addition of that weight is dictated by the inputs into a system. A closed system can't gain or lose mass (ie, if the system is just me -- bones, organs, fat, muscle and water) by transferring between closed components (ie, moving fat to muscle). The system I have is open (ie, I'm eating and interacting with the universe) the the amount of inputs is, at least on paper, vastly smaller than the amount of output from the system.

I've also been cut/bulk cycling for 7 years now so if somehow I found a way to gain significant muscle mass on a deficit, it'd be be very surprising.

In short: Reeee.

It sounds like you're at a healthy weight.

Also, I know we want to reduce our bodies to formulaic numbers but it isn't an exact science.  You could try to cut your calories further but honestly, that would probably fuck up your metabolism.  I can't imagine you need less than 1500 calories a day as an adult.  You could also get a BodPod done and get your BPM checked.  I would try mixing up your diet too.  All calories are not created equal.  Four servings of peanut butter is a LOT of fat.  I love eating fresh ground, all natural peanut butter too but it bulks me like a mother fucker.  The amount of protein you're having is insane.  Maybe cut back a little while and eat some greens.  Your diet definitely resembles someone bulking instead of cutting.  Might be worth a shot.  Low carbs like that will trim you down but that's an insanely low amount of carbs.  Humans need veggie.  Are you doing keto?