Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 15431 times)

Brytta Léofa

Re: Fitness
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2019, 06:58:25 PM »
This week has been a big nothing. Getting back into it tomorrow.
then the father hen will call his chickens home

MeTekillot

« Reply #301 on: February 01, 2019, 03:11:33 AM »
Been eating 3k calories almost every day. Cardio improvements have made my meditative breathing much easier. Should stop smoking cigarettes. Most of the calories are in sugar packed nutrition shakes.
we are here to hack motherfuckers up with bone swords,

MeTekillot

« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
Came too close to a shoulder injury trying to up my weight on the chest press. On a week's rest, just to make sure nothing is fucky. Haven't tried maxing out but I can do my body weight for my sets of 8-10 (155 lbs).

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2019, 07:12:55 AM »
I went super light last week to try and heal up my wrist, etc. Getting good form on my squats. Pretty stoked.

And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

boog

« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2019, 09:49:56 AM »
The Y reconfigured so much shit since I've been gone that its free weight area is LAUGHABLE. So, I've been stuck to machines, because there are only 1-2 pairs of each dumbbell weight available, and there are only 1-2 pairs of plates for each weight available.

It's fucking ridiculous, y'all. And they only have one cable machine. So ............................

I've been doing the assisted pullup/dip machine for my legs and also chest/tricep/back. I use the abduction machines for booty and legs. Leg press machine at low weights with high reps for sideways leg presses. Chest fly machine. Quad extension and hamstring whatever the fuck.

I'm really miffed. I'm paying so much money a month for them to get rid of all of the good stuff. Fuckin' stupid.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

roughneck

« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »
I've completely bailed on lifting weights. I'm old and fuck that.

BJJ, calisthenics, yoga, and rowing machines.

Intermittent fasting.

Dropped 30lbs. Getting skinny!

On the rowing machine I always play this scene out in my mind's eye.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2019, 01:08:47 AM »
Failed on squats last night and only did my warm up for bench since my wrist. Still did power cleans.

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2019, 01:13:56 PM »
Wednesday:
squat 5x5 200 lb
OH press 5x5 85 lb
deadlift 1x5 145 lb

Last Friday:
squat 5x5 195 lb
bench 5xs5 110 lb
row 5x5 85 lb

Should get another one in this afternoon, which will make this week better than last week. :)

Cind

« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2019, 04:41:26 AM »
I've been able to do more sets of a tai chi move called Search the Sky. It uses the horse or half-horse stance and is part of the set of the Precious Eight (the eight most valuable poses in tai chi.)

At first I didn't try for more than one complete set of mirrored moves on either side, now I'm up to three. I haven't been giving it a whole lot of effort. Requires leg strength. Its supposed to be good for wounds.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Cind

« Reply #309 on: February 09, 2019, 06:22:46 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/fitness/the-best-and-worst-cities-for-an-active-lifestyle/ss-BBThQ6e?ocid=spartanntp#image=1

This news article is a list of what I'd call the easiest places and the hardest places in America to work out, although some of the places listed are suburbs outside of their cities, where most people are not going to walk to work. The article looks at things like numbers of parklands/basketball hoops/playgrounds/baseball diamonds, and hiking and running trails, sporting goods stores, number of fitness centers and fitness trainers and how much the services of the last two cost. Also air quality and the predictability of the weather.

Best places for fitness:

1. Honululu
2. Chicago
3. San Francisco
4. Portland
5. Seattle
6. Minneapolis
7. Washington, D.C.
8. Denver
9. San Diego
10. Madison, Wisconsin

Worst Places for Fitness

10. Memphis
9. Garland, Texas
8. Toledo, Ohio
7. Wichita, Kansas
6. Arlington, Texas
5. Fresno, California
4. Irving, Texas
3. Bakersfield, California
2. North Las Vegas
1. Hialeah, Florida
Playing something new could be just what you need!

MeTekillot

« Reply #310 on: February 11, 2019, 10:56:47 PM »
Can chest press more than my bodyweight now. Might be developing a hernia on my side that's crooked from scoliosis, though. Think I'll start doing exercises for my face to manage the slackness of my muscles and develop some definition. Are there tiny weights you can use for your face?

chest press: 160 x 8 x 3
curls: 35 x 12 x 3
wrist curls: 25 x 12 x 3
reverse wrist curls: 15 x 12 x 3
shoulder press (one arm cuz i only got one dumbell): 35 x 12 x 3

Been pounding 6 flights of stairs 3-4 times a day during the week. Also cutting loose in moshpits when I manage to find shows with pretty rowdy ones but that's only been every other weekend or every 2 weekends.

Been holding off on planks until I get the possible hernia looked at.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:00:02 PM by MeTekillot »

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2019, 12:52:32 AM »
Literally snowed out of work (where the gym is) today.

However I have done a deal of shovelling this weekend and built a 4' tall slipform snow wall in front of my house. If the snow zombies come I am ready.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #312 on: February 16, 2019, 03:09:43 AM »
Been trying to rest my body because of my wrist and did mostly cardio this week with some chin up pyramids in there. The chin ups don't really aggravate my wrist. Looking to have one or two lifting days next week and see how that goes.

Potaje

« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2019, 09:12:31 AM »
120 sit ups

60-70 push ups

and some low impact weight training.

Took me from 200 lbs to 153 lbs,, 
from size 40 to 33 / 32. 

and a full on six pack and defined back, shoulders, arms and chest.

I am aiming for lots of bulk, but to define and slim down. 3 month to achieve though continued past that point because I enjoy the feeling.

I had been quick stepping 79 flights of stairs twice a week and running 3 miles 4x week for the first three months, then I pulled a muscle in my hip. Damn this 47 yr old body. So I cut most of this out for a time and will pick up jogging again in the spring and in place I walk to keep up to cardio, though I would rather replace it completely with swimming.
I divide my work out half morning and half in the evening.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.