Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 8983 times)

MeTekillot

Re: Fitness
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2018, 06:05:44 AM »
Checked my weight after a month and I've lost 10 fucking pounds. Looks like protein powder's back on the menu, boys.

boog

« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2018, 08:14:51 AM »
Add a bit more butter to whatever you're cooking, too. Double the calories of carbs or proteeeeein.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Bebop

« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »
I went and had my body composition checked in a Bod Pod last week so that I could have goals towards changing body composition instead of weight reduction exclusively.  So I've been weight training this week and I did and arm and leg day on Friday.  While I was at the Bod Pod analysis I spoke to one of the trainers there that was talking about training less but to the point of failure.  So Friday I went HAM on my limbs and two days later is still hurts to move.

I'm going to be two doing two days of cardio a week.
Two days of super intense weight training.
Macros with high protein content.

I have a six month goal to drop 20 lbs and reduce my body fat percentage by 10%.

We shall see!  In the past I've been one of those people that stuck exclusively to cardio, and I saw results because I was really into treadmill running but domestic life has caused me to backslide and I'm super burned out on cardio.  So now I'm much more interested in normal range/full body movement and tone.  Weight training actually makes me excited to work out again and I always feel so good after - except for the soreness.  Ow!

MeTekillot

« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »
Eating past satiety makes me gag so it's real cool I put in all the work but can't put in the work where most people have trouble doing that thing too much. It's very upsetting as I am not at all happy with my body. I am disgusted when I look in the mirror. Is there some sort of ridiculously calorie dense energy shake or something?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:26:04 PM by MeTekillot »

Bebop

« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2018, 04:25:11 PM »
Realizing like four days later I think I strained my right bicep.  Ow!  I went a little too hard I think.

Slowly getting used to a day of cardio vs weight training.  Getting out of the office at 3:30 pm today so might actually have time to get a workout in without getting home super late.  Wewt!

As of 3 pm I still have over 900 calories for the day and am well over my protein percentage for macros which is good because I have a really hard time getting in my protein.  I've recently incorporated lean animal protein into my diet but my diet has been primarily plant based my whole life so it's kind of meh for me.  I try to do without dairy and I keep telling myself one I've established a good base it'll be easier to pump the breaks on animal protein.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2018, 04:31:55 PM »
Is there some sort of ridiculously calorie dense energy shake or something?

Most nuts are high in fat and calories - almonds, pistachios, and cashews especially. Put some nut butter on a slice of bread. Avocado of course. Drink whole milk or half & half. Take a multivitamin to make sure you're getting those, if you haven't been eating much, especially if you haven't been eating plants/fruits/veggies.

Basically, use lots of healthy oils, fats, and proteins in your diet.

I mean, I guess you could just figure out some kinda high-fat shake and blend it up. Google is your friend.
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Synthesis

« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2018, 04:02:44 AM »
Eating past satiety makes me gag so it's real cool I put in all the work but can't put in the work where most people have trouble doing that thing too much. It's very upsetting as I am not at all happy with my body. I am disgusted when I look in the mirror. Is there some sort of ridiculously calorie dense energy shake or something?

There are two types of protein powders generally available:  pure protein, and mass builder.  Mass builder powders will have something like 1,000 calories per serving:  50g of protein and 250g of carbs.  Pure protein will have almost all the calories from protein alone, so it will be more like 150 calories per serving.

That being said, you can always mix stuff in with pure protein, depending on the flavor.  Chocolate whey + whole milk instead of water + peanut butter is a good one, as long as you're not lactose-intolerant.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

MeTekillot

« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
Can you name some mass builder brands I could look for?

Synthesis

« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2018, 01:57:05 PM »
Can you name some mass builder brands I could look for?

Optimum Nutrition, BSN, Body Fortress...all the major bodybuilding supplement brands have a version of it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.