Forum Upgraded

Started by Nathvaan, November 07, 2016, 12:26:10 PM

We have upgraded the forum and I set the default to a little newer looking theme.  It looks like the old 'Armageddon' theme still works if you want to keep things old school. 

Also, if you have suggestions of themes you would like available please feel free to let us know and we will look in them!

Yaaaaaaaaaas! I've been rooting for these boards! So glad you guys took this in consideration!
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Liking it so far, wonder what all's new?
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

I switched back to the "old" Armageddon theme (which appears to be a little busted - missing lines and texts, blank fields, etc.). The new one looked alright but I would have preferred darker text.

Yeah, the old one has missing things...:(
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Be swept up in the current of change, old people.

Viva la revoluciĆ³n.
Whatever happens, happens.

Quote from: Barsook on November 07, 2016, 12:44:30 PM
Yeah, the old one has missing things...:(

It's unfortunate but I don't think we will be looking at debugging the old theme.  I suggest using this new one and/or finding one you like and suggesting that we add it as an option.

Fancy!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I'm bad at this shit.

I no longer have neat and easy quote buttons and things.  How I fix?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

November 07, 2016, 01:08:10 PM #9 Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:09:43 PM by Reiloth
Yeah i'm confused. It looks the same as before except it's missing lots of words and doesn't look as good. Is there a way to change the theme somewhere?

EDIT:

Oh I found it. I like it! Kind of. I'll get used to it, like I got used to the new GDB :)
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Yeah, I'm using one of the old themes, and I'm missing nearly all of the buttons.

I can't even switch to the new theme because I'm missing the link/button that goes to my profile settings.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Lizzie, they messed with your GDB.   CUT THEM!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Synthesis on November 07, 2016, 01:09:13 PM
Yeah, I'm using one of the old themes, and I'm missing nearly all of the buttons.

I can't even switch to the new theme because I'm missing the link/button that goes to my profile settings.
Try this?

I suspect I will need to force everyone to this new theme and remove all the older themes because they are not compatible.  Feel free to suggest themes that are SMF 2.0 compatible and we will make them available (within reason).

I like it, the color scheme is somewhat relaxing, but again, haven't had much need to fiddle with it, we'll see, if I have any issues with the /new/ theme, I will bring them up here.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

I would be completely fine with the new theme if the Hpyerlinks were a darker color. Pale brown on white is annoying to read. If hyperlinekd matched all the other dark text it'd be swell.

I resist change.  *thrashes*

Give me my comfort theme!  *THRASHES!*

Edit <This is a joke post.  I'm in no way actually making the demand stated here.>

As a note...for those of us who are less forum-savvy...what benefits did this upgrade bring?  Any increased functionality or anything that the user would be aware of/be able to use?

Need a theme that's sand-and-brown, without all this powder-blue stuff.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Armaddict on November 07, 2016, 01:35:32 PM
As a note...for those of us who are less forum-savvy...what benefits did this upgrade bring?  Any increased functionality or anything that the user would be aware of/be able to use?

When I look at someone's profile, I see an option [Add To My Buddy List].  Is that a new thing?  I don't think that was a thing before?  I don't even know.

Arcane Magic, we had good times. 
This new default theme is so different and I miss you already.

While poking around I noticed a "Automatically block posts by users on your Ignore list" function. Not sure how you would add someone to that list, but there are apparently a couple of new features.

You can be my buddy.  I'm sure it means it will spam you with messages whenever I post very interesting things.

This is so strange and foreign that I'm clicking on things to see if jack-in-the-boxes pop out or something.  The buttons all look weird.

Quote from: Nathvaan on November 07, 2016, 01:16:01 PMFeel free to suggest themes that are SMF 2.0 compatible and we will make them available (within reason).
DS-Natural, maybe?

I understand the need for tech updates. But man do I hate change.

Things I liked about my old theme:
Dark text on light background.
Higher color contrast between alternating posts.

All of this light brown text on white (the links section at the top of the page) and yellow text on a pale blue background (the main forum page) is next to impossible for me to read on my phone. I'm not good with tech and don't really know where I'd even start looking for themes.

But are there handicap accessibility plugins that could be installed? I think that could fix my issue with not enough contrast.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I think this new layout looks like butt.
But reading that buttons are gone on the older themes..

Looks like it's home now.