Discussion: Welcome to Meatcraft!

Started by ArmageddonMUD, June 23, 2016, 10:20:35 PM

This thread is for discussing the staff announcement Welcome to Meatcraft!

I'm looking forward to trying my hand (and skinning knife) at the latest batch! Thanks!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Skipping dinner, have meat to investigate

Nice!

Of course a change like this would come when im -not- playing a hunting character. But still, this is awesome.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

June 23, 2016, 10:32:12 PM #4 Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:37:11 PM by Dresan
Awesome addition. I really look forward to this change and you guys are really making me miss my merchant now.

As this initiative is going through, I would just like to suggest that staff look at old crafts forgotten crafts as well. In particular, there are a lot of old weapons and armor sets that have fallen out of fashion but they were still plenty cool to see and have, some were salarr only at the time. I'm just hoping these old sets get added to what a indie merchant or someone master level crafting skills can create. These older sets/weapons might really help give indie merchants a bit more of a competitive edge in more remote places where quality armor is harder to find, beyond just mastercrafting. Especially now with the player clan expansions.

Nice.

You guys are on fiyah!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Long have I waited for a mekillot to produce more than a single round of meat and a junky hide.

Meanwhile, other creatures drop 50 meats and a bar of gold.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on June 23, 2016, 10:37:26 PM
Long have I waited for a mekillot to produce more than a single round of meat and a junky hide.

Meanwhile, other creatures drop 50 meats and a bar of gold.

Soon.

Holy shit this is awesome.

*two fully approving thumbs up*

Makes me wish I was a hunter so I could go play around and see what these changes are personally.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Thank you, Staff.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

The Known will soon run red with blood.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

They told me picking master chef for every pc was stupid.
They told me master skinning was just a fucking joke to have on every character, nobles, templars, even characters that dont go outside.
WHOS LAUGHING NOW!

Well done guys. In my opinion these sorts of little detail changes (even though it was a big project, each little detail was its own little detail) can be just as important as major world changing/game changing code.

I know this sort of thing can be tedious so thank you for taking on this task.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

This is a cool change.

What do I skin now for a pizza?

Omg, this is perfect for a concept of mine. Thankyouthankyou.

Quote from: Miradus on June 24, 2016, 08:51:18 AM
This is a cool change.

What do I skin now for a pizza?

Those red bandana wearing gurths.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Already seen some great skinning outcomes. This is just like looting corpses: you never know what you're gonna get.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

gith spag bog!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

hay gusy how i skin highlord???

This is awesome.  :)

Having got to see some of this, it's pretty awesome, and to know there's moar stuffs comin too! Thanks to all the awesome builders and staff that volunteered to write mdescs for meat items, I can't imagine that was too exciting a project but the end result is badass!
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Okay, playing now, this is pretty cool.

I hope something similar is in the works for plants. This is headed in a very realistic direction that I like.

I honestly love the new recipes I'm noticing for some of the meat. It's nice to have something to make y hunk of pinkish meat into other than a grilled hunk of pinkish meat.

It sorta makes me wish I actually went out and gathered this stuff, I've heard about some of the skinning tweaks and I bet they're amazing first-hand.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

You skillfully produce a long, yellow sphincter muscle.

MMM!!! Who's up for fried sphincter rings?

Think of it like calamari.