Yes
27 (73%)
No
2 (5.4%)
It depends
8 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

How do you prioritize your stats?

I'm a str end agi wis kind of girl. I like taking my time learning and I like having more hitpoints and stamina but most of all I need to be able to carry a lot.

Agility.
Always agility.
Less I'm playing merchant/magicker
Then wisdom

Having advanced or journeyman in something isn't a right for me, its a privilege.

That has backfired a few times but hey, you can always make a new character.

It depends on what PC concept that I have in mind.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Sometimes no (lol why would I prioritize stats on my nobles), and it depends on whether one stat is more critical to my character concept than another.  I've made more than a few physical characters where I just don't care because I find all of the stats useful.  I'd probably prioritize wisdom on a gicker and agility on a sneaky.

I keep wanting to make a high-agility warrior character that uses spears.  I would totally not name her Oberyn.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Every time. Most of the time I prioritize every stat, but when playing magickers it's wisdom-strength and I let the others randomize.

Warrior/ranger/assassin - Str Agi Wis End sometimes I swap wisdom and endurance.

I want to prioritize agility every time, but I've been burned by heinous carrying capacity, so I think I'm going to start sucking it up and going with strength first, like everyone else.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I think encumbrance vs strength really need to be looked at, good human strength is not really that good even with leathers.

If good human strength isn't enough for you to wear leather you should probably stop lugging head-sized hunks of stone and 50 lbs of water in your pack.

I'd much rather strength not be so good for combat than to take away it's side-effects like encumbrance.

Assumptions about how I'm playing aside. Its never really sounded like it is just the damage output is the thing that makes people want to prioritize strength. At least it isn't in my case.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 14, 2016, 12:08:38 PM
Every time. Most of the time I prioritize every stat, but when playing magickers it's wisdom-strength and I let the others randomize.

Warrior/ranger/assassin - Str Agi Wis End sometimes I swap wisdom and endurance.

If it's within the rules to answer, why do you put Wis above End? Won't having more HP/Stun be more important than skilling up a bit faster? You can always invest more time into the char to overcome the lower Wis but you can't gain HP/Stun by playing (except age of course).
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

I'd rather avoid poor wisdom than benefit from the effects of above average endurance. Is how I reason it.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 14, 2016, 03:45:28 PM
I'd rather avoid poor wisdom than benefit from the effects of above average endurance. Is how I reason it.

Sure, the only thing I can think of that wisdom does is makes your skilling take longer, which you can solve with patience. But perhaps it has more effects beyond that that I'm not considering. Helpfile just says "learn from their mistakes quicker, magickers regenerate faster, and languages are picked up more easily".
> who
Immortals
---------

Quote from: valeria on February 14, 2016, 11:45:55 AM
Sometimes no (lol why would I prioritize stats on my nobles)

Prioritize endurance for all that Waying!

Quote from: Beethoven on February 14, 2016, 04:23:51 PM
Quote from: valeria on February 14, 2016, 11:45:55 AM
Sometimes no (lol why would I prioritize stats on my nobles)

Prioritize endurance for all that Waying!

> who
Immortals
---------

Play a D-elf with AI wisdom, and you'll shit your pants how quick you learn languages.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Quote from: Asmoth on February 14, 2016, 05:18:14 PM
Play a D-elf with AI wisdom, and you'll shit your pants how quick you learn languages.

I'd be inclined to agree if elves actually had higher wisdom than humans do, which they don't.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

You're basing that off of mana, right? In my experience elves learn quicker than humans. To a noticeable degree.

I do, but even then, the difference between humans and elves is nowhere near as noticeable as the difference between humans and dwarves is.

Humans and elves can have fertile children together, so I imagine the difference isn't quite as great.

Not too sure about that, the difference in strength and agility is huge.

It depends entirely on what I'm playing.

Agi Str End Wis probably winds up in my prompt more often than anything else b/c I don't like to play big, bulky fighters very often.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

humans in zalanthas are physically weaker than humans in real life, as far as strength goes.

a human, to actually start carrying the amount of weight your average real life human is, needs at the very lead very good to extremely good strength.

an -average- zalanthan human is weaker than the -average- real life human.

that is why most people go str agi first. they need the high strength because they can barely lift a corpse even when mostly naked.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I prioritized twice. I was not happy with the results either time. That was shortly after the option was first rolled out. Haven't bothered since. I always do a random roll and if I'm not -really- happy with the results, I'll reroll, and then reroll undo if necessary. I haven't had an unplayable character, ever, so it's a non-issue for me.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

It depends on the character I'm playing. If I've written a description of a big brawny man, I'll prioritise strength. If I've got a 90 lb weakling, I'll prioritise Wisdom.

Do I prioritise stats based on class? Sorta? I've played big brawny magickers and merchants. I've played agile fighters and strong rangers. I largely look at the character's background and what they've done with their life. Gone out mining 'sid? Probably have strength. Gone out foraging rocks? Probably endurance followed by strength? Gone out mining salt? Whatever I feel like, probably endurance. Stayed in the city all their lives? Probably not prioritising strength or endurance.

It all just depends. I always prioritise. Although mostly so I don't end up with "this man is really weak" and then getting absolutely incredible strength.