Funniest things you have been a part of in game.

Started by Hauwke, December 31, 2015, 06:12:10 AM

Quote from: Delirium on January 18, 2016, 01:13:54 AM
I'll be honest, if I saw that I would have a really hard time not typing >kill giant

As long as you included the words 'moist', 'damp' and 'soggily' in your combat emotes ;)
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

>You feel loved.
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

If the victim of said licking was a Bynner, maybe she mistook him for a poopsickle?
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on January 18, 2016, 11:08:18 AM
If the victim of said licking was a Bynner, maybe she mistook him for a poopsickle?

Future character concept.. dwarf with a focus on trying to lick every possible race/clan combo with detailed thoughts and analysis on the differences in taste.  Bonus points for convincing a noble to write a book on my findings for posterity :D
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Quote from: Kyviantre on January 18, 2016, 12:01:09 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on January 18, 2016, 11:08:18 AM

Future character concept.. dwarf with a focus on trying to lick every possible race/clan combo with detailed thoughts and analysis on the differences in taste.  Bonus points for convincing a noble to write a book on my findings for posterity :D

Kadian Family member, First Hunter... salty, yet, sweet.
Byn Runner: ARGLGRGLGRGL!
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

You know that thing that kids do when they get a basketball stuck on the roof and start throwing up sticks and rocks to try and knock it down?

There was this one time where some gypsies got up on the balcony above Red's and my half-giant kept throwing drunk gypsies scattered around the road beneath them in an attempt to get them down.

Quote from: Quell on January 19, 2016, 01:01:30 PM
You know that thing that kids do when they get a basketball stuck on the roof and start throwing up sticks and rocks to try and knock it down?

There was this one time where some gypsies got up on the balcony above Red's and my half-giant kept throwing drunk gypsies scattered around the road beneath them in an attempt to get them down.

I think I remember that scene..
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I rolled up a burglar.  The flame-haired, smokey-eyed woman (something like that). Raised by two gemmed Krathi.  Named Ember. Believed with all her heart that she was a fire mage.  Walked up to a PC templar. Got a gem. Hired by House Oash.  NOBODY EVEN ASKED ME TO PROVE IT.

Stayed in the clan about two weeks, talking about magick like one of those people who REALLY love football but have never played a single game personally, solo-rping fireside meditation and playing with a flint striker all the time.  Occasionally I'd hemote about her roots growing in (dyed her hair). Finally another Krathi in the clan was like "so let's cast together" --- oh no, I'm too self conscious to cast around others yet.  "No, we should cast." "Uhh....ok."

The look on that poor dude's face when I lit a torch and flung it him while yelling magick syllables with the shout command.

Then, during the inevitable Big Confrontation: "Ember, are you actually a fire mage??", I just took the gem off in front of every mage in the clan and my noble. Everyone was like:

Yeah, some laughs were had.  They shoulda killed me, but didn't.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Threw a torch at him while shouting.....

Hahahahah.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I remember that! I was there!  ;D

Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

Quote from: LauraMars on January 25, 2016, 04:37:32 PM
I rolled up a burglar.  The flame-haired, smokey-eyed woman (something like that). Raised by two gemmed Krathi.  Named Ember. Believed with all her heart that she was a fire mage.  Walked up to a PC templar. Got a gem. Hired by House Oash.  NOBODY EVEN ASKED ME TO PROVE IT.

Stayed in the clan about two weeks, talking about magick like one of those people who REALLY love football but have never played a single game personally, solo-rping fireside meditation and playing with a flint striker all the time.  Occasionally I'd hemote about her roots growing in (dyed her hair). Finally another Krathi in the clan was like "so let's cast together" --- oh no, I'm too self conscious to cast around others yet.  "No, we should cast." "Uhh....ok."

The look on that poor dude's face when I lit a torch and flung it him while yelling magick syllables with the shout command.

Then, during the inevitable Big Confrontation: "Ember, are you actually a fire mage??", I just took the gem off in front of every mage in the clan and my noble. Everyone was like:

This wins the thread.

No one on the train understands why I'm laughing.

While not as funny, this does remind me of a crippled crafter kid I played in Kadius.

I got hired by Sharlo Kadius and immediately "wanted to be him". My kid got hero-envy.

He ran around telling anyone who would listen his name was "Loreshi Kadius".

Sharlo was pretty cool about it when he found out what my kid had been doing and basically just told him he had to stop telling people that.

Very next day, right in front of Sharlo...."Hi! I'm Loreshi Kadius!!!".

*smack* "Stop that!!!".

The crippled kid staggers, his head flopping around from the smack.

Those were the Kadian glory days.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Years ago there was this newish player if I had to guess that had the sdesc of: The small-headed man or something very similar.

His mdesc consisted of details only about his head. I laughed every single fucking time he walked into a room I was in to the point I couldn't even rp because I just imagined him being this floating, tiny head. It just got me right in the funny and I really don't know why.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: LauraMars on January 25, 2016, 04:37:32 PM

I keep coming back to this thread just for this.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

January 26, 2016, 02:05:34 PM #91 Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:17:14 PM by wizturbo
I played with Ember.  Easily in the top 10 greatest/funniest moments I've had playing this game.  I think I have logs of it somewhere...

My favorite memory is her Krathi compatriot waying my character, asking me to bring them food in her apartment because he didn't want to leave "this raving lunatic" alone.  Then the Oashi Lord showed up, and somehow managed to handle the situation while keeping a straight face.

I openly admit we should have killed her...but I have to imagine we were all laughing too much OOCly to be able to PK someone at that moment.  Ended up going with a "she could be useful" excuse.

I have met my superior in the use of rage faces, I see. I officially forever give up writing the blasted things
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I was browsing my logs of Ember tonight just for kicks, jesus christ. The thinks I thought.  Where did I learn how to be such a troll?

QuoteYou think:
     "So close to realizing my destiny."

The templar looks at you.

You think:
     "Confidence, Ember. Confidence in the reality of your Fire!!"

You feel her confidence glowing like the coals of a banked bonfire.

You feel her destiny is as sharp and hot as sparks.

QuoteThe Oash noble looks at you.

You feel warm in the presence of greatness.

You think:
     "I hope I don't accidentally use my powers!"

it just goes on and on like that

forever

Quote from: LauraMars on January 27, 2016, 03:18:56 AM
I was browsing my logs of Ember tonight just for kicks, jesus christ. The thinks I thought.  Where did I learn how to be such a troll?

QuoteYou think:
     "So close to realizing my destiny."

The templar looks at you.

You think:
     "Confidence, Ember. Confidence in the reality of your Fire!!"

You feel her confidence glowing like the coals of a banked bonfire.

You feel her destiny is as sharp and hot as sparks.

QuoteThe Oash noble looks at you.

You feel warm in the presence of greatness.

You think:
     "I hope I don't accidentally use my powers!"

it just goes on and on like that

forever

Submit log please.
I ruin immershunz.

Seriously.  That will be a great log.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

All right I will try to clean something up!

There are a lot of funny memories to choose from.

January 27, 2016, 11:34:17 PM #98 Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:45:02 PM by Gunnerblaster
"That's no moon..."

Still, perhaps, one of my most favorite scenes.

Another scene - My Kuraci Mercenary and his unit had captured a pair of wagon thieves and, due to coded restrictions within Luirs, weren't able to jail them so we kept punching them unconscious until a Sergeant or Agent could show up to codedly lock these guys up.

It was funny because they had pre-typed up say emotes for when they woke up like, "Please stop knocking me out - I promise to comply!" only to be immediately punched the fuck unconcious within a moment of their eye's fluttering open. Felt a bit twinkish but there was no way to really codedly "bind" them in the meanwhile. And most of us, if not all of us, were rangers and non-subdue types so that was out of the question.

I secretly enjoyed the whack-a-thief game, on an OOC level.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Gunnerblaster's post reminds me of the thing that'll never fail to crack me up.

Quote from: 5 day lifespan on December 12, 2009, 12:53:25 PM
>A halfling with yellow facepaint enters from the west.
>A halfling with yellow facepaint says in an unfamiliar tongue, panicked and screaming, running past: "Aiy! Gha ulghla xhy untara!"
>A halfling with yellow facepaint runs east.
>You think: what the fuck?
>Turning with an apprehensive smile to the ----------- man, you say in sirihish, "What the fuck does gha ulghla xhy untara mean?"
>A wall of water enters from the west.

Damn.
I ruin immershunz.