Rentable Tents and Shacks in Luir's Outpost - Discussion Thread

Started by ArmageddonMUD, November 14, 2015, 03:56:41 PM

So it uses apartment code so like do you have to buy a place and enter the structure or what cause I ain't seen it yet and I can't read.

Or do you just buy a tent/hole in the ground and someone walks in and takes your shit.
Well I mean.
People are still going to take your shit.
But is it just a matter of hitting sneak now.

Yay!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Jihelu on November 14, 2015, 03:58:04 PM
So it uses apartment code so like do you have to buy a place and enter the structure or what cause I ain't seen it yet and I can't read.

Or do you just buy a tent/hole in the ground and someone walks in and takes your shit.
Well I mean.
People are still going to take your shit.
But is it just a matter of hitting sneak now.

The code used to implement these is the same as what is used for apartments.

The Bailey has been described as a rough and tumble lawless area outside of the Outpost proper.

Is this going to change?  Is Kurac going to start enforcing Outpost law in the shanties, now?
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

No. The addition is meant to fit the current theme of Luir's as much as possible.

Great job guys!
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Congratulations on making Luir's far more viable as a civilization hub! :D
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Nice.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I would have loved this when I was in Kurac, glad it's finally in.

Awesome. I see this as a great improvement to the game. I also am really proud staff did this so soon as I recall first seriously wanting this about a year or two ago. Like I have said everything staff is doing lately is a step in the right direction and this is surely proof of that. Thank yiu for listening to us and working with our character's goals!
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I'm happy we were able to get something in place.  Now I will admit, they are not fancy in any way, as they should be, but they will let you rest your head at night without having to worry about getting things stolen off you.  It also lets you store a few things.  Oh, and just so you all know... Criminals are still punished -very- harshly in Luir's.   ;D
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Are these intended to be seen as more temporary than long term accommodations by those in and around Luir's Outpost? And if the former, are there any opportunities for long term accommodations?
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Should these tents not be used by "real" Tribals (in the same way apartment renting is frowned upon?)

I think it is safe to say the same rules applies to Tribals, unless you have a good argument for them not to be.  My one thought on this is Luir's IS the center of trade for several tribals, but that doesn't mean the tribals want to live in Luir's.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

If you are playing in the al'Seik, the Arabet, or any coded elven tribe, you should not be renting a living space in Luir's, Red Storm, or Allanak.