Where Players Found Us: February 2015

Started by Cavaticus, March 12, 2015, 12:52:42 PM

March 12, 2015, 12:52:42 PM Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:13:09 PM by Cavaticus
I didn't dig quite as deeply into this as some people have in the past, but I pulled together the February data for y'all to look at.

February 2015

Total new accounts: 149
Accounts with more than 30 minutes played: 34
Accounts which have logged in during the month of March: 11

Where people came from:

Google:
TMC: 48
TMS: 7
Friend: 17
Reddit: 6
TVTropes: 2
Bay 12 Forums (the Dwarf Fortress guys): 2

Miscellaneous responses:

"Returning player from 1993. telnet.thrash.isca.edu (can't remember the port)"
"Person was being annoying on a forum"
"my mom and dad plays"
"fuck off" (this player, surprisingly, did not make it into the game. His character app was denied because the sdesc was "the" and his background was "Who done.")
"At a local EbGames"
"Other nurses who play at the hospital"

Login Info for those who made it into the game.

-- 1 hour or less in playtime: 16
-- 1-2 hours of playtime:  3
-- 2-6 hours of playtime:  9
-- 6-20 hours of playtime: 7
-- 20+ hours of playtime:  8

As always, TMC is our primary driver of new players. Voting is one of those things that pays very obvious dividends. Our TMS numbers were very low, but I'm pretty sure we spent some time out of the top 20 altogether. Now that we've secured the #1 spot at TMC, I'm hoping we see an upswing in numbers through the rest of the month.

Next up: January 2015.

This is great!  Thanks!  I know it's a curiosity for us players, but we too want to get the numbers up.

Has anyone made up a chart or excel sheet or whatever with the running tallies?  It seems to me having looked at these that the 20+ hours player numbers hovers consistently around 8 or so, no matter what the other numbers look like. 
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Nice!  Thank you very much.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: Cavaticus on March 12, 2015, 12:52:42 PM
Next up: January 2015.

Dude I already did January.

Wait, what the fuck, I guess I didn't. I thought I did! Goddamnit.

(Apparently this is how I delegate: Poorly.)
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: nauta on March 12, 2015, 01:12:03 PM
Has anyone made up a chart or excel sheet or whatever with the running tallies?  It seems to me having looked at these that the 20+ hours player numbers hovers consistently around 8 or so, no matter what the other numbers look like. 

Due to the nature of the data source and the fact that this analysis has to be hand-produced each month, no. Player accounts come and go over time, so tracking anything beyond "these guys were new this month" is really difficult.
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Talia on March 12, 2015, 01:24:52 PM

As the alpha grows weak and forgetful, the younger and more virile member of the pack circles and waits for his chance to strike. Soon, he will drive out the Southlands administrator, and the circle of life will continue.

Quote from: Cavaticus on March 12, 2015, 01:30:11 PM
Quote from: Talia on March 12, 2015, 01:24:52 PM

As the alpha grows weak and forgetful, the younger and more virile member of the pack circles and waits for his chance to strike. Soon, he will drive out the Southlands administrator, and the circle of life will continue.

There can be only ONE!
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

He distracted me with constant demands to approve NPCs. Then he snuck up and backstabbed me on the data stuff. Armageddon MCB at its finest.

Quote from: Cavaticus on March 12, 2015, 12:52:42 PM
"Other nurses who play at the hospital"

Names PLZ.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

We have a bunch of hot nurses running around wielding broadswords IG.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

What about 'my mom and dad plays'??

I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: Kankfly on March 13, 2015, 06:20:32 AM
What about 'my mom and dad plays'??

* RogueGunslinger does his sleuth thing.

Probably Gimfalisette's son. Who is also probably the same person who introduced themselves a while ago thanking staff and his parents for letting him play.

Though I suppose there could be more teens out there who's parents grew up on Armageddon, that's my guess.

* RogueGunslinger stops doing his sleuth thing

My services cost $25 an hour, but since we finished early I'll cut it back to 20.