CGP/ext subguilds/skill bump discussion

Started by Nyr, January 08, 2015, 03:57:58 PM

To discuss or ask questions about this announced change.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Reading between the lines, this means that there is no longer a restriction of 3 Skill Bumps / Application? So if you have 6 karma, you could (in theory) use all 6 CGP on an application to boost skills across the board? (With current restrictions in place regarding weapons skills, etc.)
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Quote from: Down Under on January 08, 2015, 04:08:05 PM
Reading between the lines, this means that there is no longer a restriction of 3 Skill Bumps / Application? So if you have 6 karma, you could (in theory) use all 6 CGP on an application to boost skills across the board? (With current restrictions in place regarding weapons skills, etc.)

Yes - as long as your main guild costs 0 karma, you take no extended subguild and your race costs no karma.

Mostly correct...

If you have 6 karma, you can do one of the following:

apply for any combination of race/guild that gets you to 6 karma, where applicable
apply for an extended subguild and a 0 karma race/guild selection AND get 6 skill bumps, where applicable
apply for skill bumps for a 0 karma race/guild combo, and get 9 skill bumps, where applicable
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

So Half giants (even if you have the option through your karma) counts as 4 karma towards the application, correct?

Er, CGP. Karma. You know.

--Howlin' Wolf

If Malik has eight karma can he play a half giant sorc? (Because that would be awesome.)
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on January 08, 2015, 04:11:39 PM
If Malik has eight karma can he play a half giant sorc? (Because that would be awesome.)

Sorcerers are required to be human aren't they?
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Also, will this open up the ceiling of karma from 8 to 8+?

--Howlin' Wolf

Quote from: Desertman on January 08, 2015, 04:12:15 PM

Yes, but... I had to ask.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Down Under on January 08, 2015, 04:11:13 PM
So Half giants (even if you have the option through your karma) counts as 4 karma towards the application, correct?

Half-giants are 3 karma.  Unless I am misunderstanding what you are asking?

No. This isn't the case. But if Malik has 8 karma he cannot be a HG sorcerer as HG costs 3 CGP and sorcerer costs 8CGP.

Quote from: Nyr on January 08, 2015, 04:14:25 PM
Quote from: Down Under on January 08, 2015, 04:11:13 PM

Half-giants are 3 karma.  Unless I am misunderstanding what you are asking?

Herp, derp. 3 karma.

But it would count as 3 towards the application, right?

--Howlin' Wolf

Quote from: Rathustra on January 08, 2015, 04:15:05 PM

No. This isn't the case. But if Malik has 8 karma he cannot be a HG sorcerer as HG costs 3 CGP and sorcerer costs 8CGP.

But he could spec-app, right?
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Down Under on January 08, 2015, 04:12:20 PM
Also, will this open up the ceiling of karma from 8 to 8+?

Someone spec. apping with 8 account karma gets 11 points to spend on their character, yes.

+ 3 no?

I figured if you had 8 karma you could have previously apped a HG sorc, unless I'm mistaken... seems like that wouldn't change. Maybe I misunderstood something somewhere.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

How will/does this affect extended subguild apps filed before the change?
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Fujikoma on January 08, 2015, 04:19:38 PM
I figured if you had 8 karma you could have previously apped a HG sorc, unless I'm mistaken... seems like that wouldn't change. Maybe I misunderstood something somewhere.
Quote from: Fujikoma on January 08, 2015, 04:16:18 PM

Yes, correct. Sorry I can't maths apparently - 8 (sorc) + 3 (hg) = 11, which is our current CGP limit.

Quote from: Patuk on January 08, 2015, 04:20:39 PM
How will/does this affect extended subguild apps filed before the change?

If you have an extended subguild request in queue now, you can reply to it to request skill bumps if you are eligible.

January 08, 2015, 04:25:48 PM #22 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:27:26 PM by Eyeball
The following would not be possible, is that correct?

Player with 4 karma. Applies for a human (0 karma) Rukkian (2 karma) with an Outdoorsman extended subguild (3 cpg) and 2 skill bumps to, say, forage (2 karma worth of skill bumps).

Quote from: Rathustra on January 08, 2015, 04:22:42 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on January 08, 2015, 04:19:38 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on January 08, 2015, 04:16:18 PM

Yes, correct. Sorry I can't maths apparently - 8 (sorc) + 3 (hg) = 11, which is our current CGP limit.

GO MALIK, GO!

Quote from: Eyeball on January 08, 2015, 04:25:48 PM
The following would not be possible, is that correct?

Player with 4 karma. Applies for a human (0 karma) Rukkian (2 karma) with an Outdoorsman extended subguild (3 cpg) and 2 skill bumps to, say, forage (2 karma worth of skill bumps).

That is a possible concept. The player has 7CGP to spend (4 account karma +3 bonus CGP for spec. app.):

-2 for guild,
-3 for subguild,
-1 for one bump,
-1 for second bump,
= 7 CGP in total.