Discussion of Player-Created Clan Progression

Started by Nyr, November 01, 2014, 10:00:13 PM

This is a thread to discuss the announcement located here.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

brothels, brothels, brothels, brothels brothels brothels brothels brothels

Wow!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking cool.
Whatever happens, happens.

Would things like mercenary groups also fall under the reign of this? At least, the first levels? I doubt they'd need a a minor house or anything, but it is a service.
Part-Time Internets Lady

I hope this is a preamble to allowing more player created clans in general, rather than just player created merchant houses.

Quote from: QuillDipper on November 01, 2014, 10:09:56 PM
Would things like mercenary groups also fall under the reign of this? At least, the first levels? I doubt they'd need a a minor house or anything, but it is a service.

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 01, 2014, 10:11:30 PM
I hope this is a preamble to allowing more player created clans in general, rather than just player created merchant houses.

Mercenary groups, whore houses, whatever players can come up with that other PCs are willing to pay for.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

What about tribes and/or wilderness/non-city based clans?

Jaw. Dropped. No words. No. Words. Strange feelings of warmth. I... love you?

More praise coming when the shock's passed and I can articulate properly. Wow. Just... Wow.
Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AMYes, killing them is possible, but leaving someone alive can create interesting roleplay.

Quote from: Delirium on November 01, 2014, 10:32:30 PM

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Yeah, this is a good question. Are they able to progress to the point of being a recognized d-tribe?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on November 01, 2014, 10:34:55 PM

Yeah, this is a good question. Are they able to progress to the point of being a recognized d-tribe?

I'm sorry, I don't follow what you are asking.  Can you connect the dots between what you are asking and what the announcement is discussing/what this thread is for?

Will there be able to be player-created tribes or non-city clans that will receive the same coded, if not exact same, representation as this currently proposed system for player created clans?

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 01, 2014, 10:39:15 PM
Will there be able to be player-created tribes or non-city clans that will receive the same coded, if not exact same, representation as this currently proposed system for player created clans?

No.

Will this solely operate on PC sales or will there be also vNPC sales as well?

First of all....holy fucking shit!!!

Second, will the leasing of warehouses etc be put on hold for the time being until this officially goes live?
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Nevermind, misread! (related to a question by Phoenix)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Another one.

Is buying a license/merchant's token considered as being licensed/registered in terms of the first level of being recognized as a "Trader", or is being "registered" at the first level something else entirely separate from the current licenses/tokens in game?
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Phoenix on November 01, 2014, 10:41:53 PM
Will this solely operate on PC sales or will there be also vNPC sales as well?

Your shopkeeper NPC won't be selling to the virtual masses. The income that you get from that NPC will be based on PC sales only.

There may be points in the progression of the business where virtual sales are appropriate though. This will usually be after negotiating with PCs though. For instance your brothel might negotiate with a Byn Sergeant to provide services for an IC year to all their bynners for X amount of sid, and so on.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Desertman on November 01, 2014, 10:51:03 PM
Another one.

Is buying a license/merchant's token considered as being licensed/registered in terms of the first level of being recognized as a "Trader", or is being "registered" at the first level something else entirely separate from the current licenses/tokens in game?

We are going with the existing merchant licenses (no reason not to use them, plus they served an almost entirely virtual purpose before, and will soon serve a greater one in being the first step towards such things).

Quote from: Desertman on November 01, 2014, 10:44:04 PM
First of all....holy fucking shit!!!

Second, will the leasing of warehouses etc be put on hold for the time being until this officially goes live?

Kind of? We won't be renting out any warehouses until we have the documentation all squared away. However since the requirement for warehouse renting entails being registered in the city state as pursuing that business for an IC year it does put us in the situation of no one meeting that requirement as of now. So by the time it's an issue warehouses should be fully functional and able to be leased.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Nyr on November 01, 2014, 10:55:41 PM
Quote from: Desertman on November 01, 2014, 10:51:03 PM
Another one.

We are going with the existing merchant licenses (no reason not to use them, plus they served an almost entirely virtual purpose before, and will soon serve a greater one in being the first step towards such things).

To further clarify, and I think maybe what Dman was getting at:
When this goes live, are PCs who currently have a merchant's token or license already considered registered?  Or will they be required to get officially registered through a templar and pay the five hundred coins plus whatever tax the templar determines to keep the license/token they previously purchased?
If Amos the Trader paid 400 coins to Faithful Lord So-and-So awhile back, does he get to keep that license and be registered?  Or does he need to find So-and-So and pay another 500 coins plus a tax?  Or does he just have to pay the remaining 100 coins plus a tax?

Edit:  Also, this is very, very cool.

It may not be that fair to players of PCs that might have a token/license already, but they got it for (at least slightly) different reasons before--they shouldn't necessarily be able to jump in line and grab an available warehouse immediately.  Also, the requirements wouldn't have been met--a year of tax history that wasn't required before, for instance, and not being (potentially) harried/forced into small bribes/politicking to get to the next point.

Everyone interested (ICly) will be on equal footing, at least initially.

Quote from: Nyr on November 01, 2014, 10:34:24 PM

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Like a clan that isn't a merchant house/trading company.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA