Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 582004 times)

Armaddict

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16400 on: August 18, 2017, 10:03:58 PM »
I get to go home sunday.  Thank gawd, I'm ready to kill every customer I install for at this point.  STAHP ASKING ME HOW THINGS WORK, LEMME GO HOME.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Pale Horse

« Reply #16401 on: August 18, 2017, 11:33:14 PM »
Nostalgia.  Gotta love it.  Been watching/listening to old 80s/90s cartoons.  Justice League, Gargoyles, Pirates of Dark Water, Batman: The Animated Series...

Seriously; if you want something worth watching, watch the animated Batman from the 90s.  There was so friggin' much put into that show that I completely missed when I was a kid.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Unoei

« Reply #16402 on: August 22, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »
Watching my nephews do this today:

Collect as precious pearls the words of the wise and virtuous. ľAbd-el-Kadar

lordcooper

« Reply #16403 on: August 24, 2017, 07:38:40 PM »
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

boog

« Reply #16404 on: August 25, 2017, 11:05:34 AM »
I was frightened at first! And then I died of laughter.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Armaddict

« Reply #16405 on: August 28, 2017, 06:09:29 PM »
So I've got a buddy named Nate that I've called Nato for about 15 years or so.  But after transformers, I randomly started calling him 'Natimus Prime', and he liked it and it kind of caught on for when I'm feeling in a goofy mood.  I even almost persuaded him and his wife to use the hashtag #NatimusPrimeInTheSierraGalaxy for their wedding.

Anyway, my middle name is Swan, which would be irrelevant except for that I started screaming 'PRIIIIIME' at him, and he responded with 'MEGASWAAAAN'.

I am a nerd, and these kinds of things just make my day as I go about the daily drudgery.

She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

lordcooper

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Dahlia

"I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me."

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #16408 on: September 11, 2017, 10:09:55 PM »
THE BILL I'VE BEEN WORKING ON SINCE MARCH JUST PASSED THE STATE SENATE AND I'M FREAKING THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW HOLY SHIT
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Jihelu

« Reply #16409 on: September 11, 2017, 10:19:22 PM »
THE BILL I'VE BEEN WORKING ON SINCE MARCH JUST PASSED THE STATE SENATE AND I'M FREAKING THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW HOLY SHIT
Cool!
What bill?
Shade, profits, and George Bush did 9/11

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #16410 on: September 13, 2017, 03:53:17 AM »
It's the strongest campaign disclosure law in the nation for expenditures for or against ballot measures.

It almost included ads for or against candidates but unfortunately leadership in the legislator sided with the opposition until we pulled some teeth from the bill.

With that in mind, it's lightyears ahead of the rest of the country and it will do a lot to curb the billions spent on ballot measure advertising in California.

On to the State Assembly for a reconciliation vote and then off to the governor.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Dahlia

« Reply #16411 on: September 13, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »
My nephew came home from school in tears because he had a fight with a friend.

I gave him ice cream to make him feel better.
Auntie doesn't believe in diet restricting kids.  She's always spoiling them with some sweet treat.  :D

You think: "I hope my sister doesn't kill me."
LOL
"I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me."

evilcabbage

« Reply #16412 on: September 13, 2017, 04:06:47 PM »
My nephew came home from school in tears because he had a fight with a friend.

I gave him ice cream to make him feel better.
Auntie doesn't believe in diet restricting kids.  She's always spoiling them with some sweet treat.  :D

You think: "I hope my sister doesn't kill me."
LOL

Code: [Select]
Your sister quietly approaches you from behind...
Your sister screams in your ear about spoiling her child, doing frightening damag!
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Dahlia

« Reply #16413 on: September 13, 2017, 04:34:12 PM »

Code: [Select]
Your sister quietly approaches you from behind...
Your sister screams in your ear about spoiling her child, doing frightening damag!

She doesn't tend to yell at me, but I've heard her yell at her kids. You don't realize how loud she can scream!  At the least my eardrums might be in danger! ;)

Pale Horse

« Reply #16414 on: September 14, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »

*snrk* They all taste like burning!
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #16415 on: September 17, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »
Wait, what?  I thought the Irish were big whisky drinkers.

Hauwke

« Reply #16416 on: September 18, 2017, 05:39:14 AM »
Irish whiskey is different to American whiskey I assume? I dunno I always thought they were huge whiskey drinkers.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #16417 on: September 18, 2017, 01:26:14 PM »
There are some pretty big flavor differences between Irish whiskey and Bourbon despite similar ABV scores. In my experience Irish whiskey tends to be much smoother and milder, though sometimes lacking in body. The times I've had Jameson it felt like slightly heavier water, while Redbreast is a very nice mellow drink with good flavors and just enough body. You can also hold them on your tongue without regretting it.

Bourbons tend to have a lot more of a burn to them. The only one in that video I've had is Bulleit, and it's definitely got more of a bite than Redbreast. I like bourbons better on the rocks because of that.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

Pale Horse

« Reply #16418 on: September 18, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »
I'm that guy or that friend who doesn't drink.  Never could pick up the taste.  Probably because my first experiences with alcohol were all very poor and involved canned beers of some sort that universally tasted like piss.

I'm willing to taste if someone offers, though, and there's been a quite few I do have to say were enjoyable...but it's just not a thing I do, you know?  And I've never had a beer I liked.  At all.  Even when I can say that the taste is nice, there's just something about it that..throws it off for me.  Has to be the bad childhood experiences coming back each time I try, but for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone drinks the stuff.

Riev

« Reply #16419 on: September 18, 2017, 04:14:24 PM »
I constantly have people asking why I don't drink wine at my girlfriend's family outings. It all tastes just like hot garbage to me, and I'm much more content with sipping straight SKYY vodka than I am a decent wine.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Hauwke

« Reply #16420 on: September 18, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »
I like just about anything myself, beer is less liked and vodka burns my gut though, so I drink lsss of those too.
Beer on tap is pretty decent though.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #16421 on: September 18, 2017, 05:49:59 PM »
It's been almost two years since I've touched a drop of alcohol.

I stopped drinking as an experiment because I would get crippling migraines so frequently and I noticed a correlation between having anything to drink (even if it was just a single low-gravity beer) and my headaches.

Lo and behold, as soon as I stopped drinking my migraines became super rare and far more mild when they did hit.

So it's a good thing. Sometimes I would give a lot to sip a nice burbon. But not enough to actually do so.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
while my blood's still flowing and my heart still beats

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #16422 on: September 18, 2017, 09:34:21 PM »
I have my own income now and have for awhile so I can spend it on things that interest me without feeling any guilt whatsoever.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Armaddict

« Reply #16423 on: September 19, 2017, 02:49:55 AM »
I have my own income now and have for awhile so I can spend it on things that interest me without feeling any guilt whatsoever.

A similar feeling to that, that gave me what I think are similar feel goods...

I used to work ungodly hours at a factory to barely scrape by.  A few years back I made a job change to my pretty much summer-only job where I get paid really well.  All of a sudden I could just...buy things...because I wanted them.  And not have to worry about the money.  It was entirely liberating.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #16424 on: September 22, 2017, 04:42:24 AM »
I got accepted for a paid fellowship program orchestrated by a billionaire philanthropist. It doesn't pay a ton of money, but it means I get to do all of the things I love to do without worrying how I'm going to put gas in my car.

...And they're giving us laptops and free food.