w00t

Started by Xygax, December 08, 2009, 03:23:19 PM

Congratulations, Armers, on achieving the highest player total I've ever seen (just shy of 170 players and staff, all told), either as staff or as a player, this week:

We achieved this greatness without seeing ginka even break a sweat; no (or very few) memory leaks, no crashes, and according to the reports I heard, no (or very little) lag.

w00t, and thanks for being there.  And thanks to the staff and players both, who helped organize and execute the HRPT.

-- X

Awesome.. what was the top number?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Top number of players (not including staff) I saw was 153 I believe. I wasn't checking constantly, it might have gone a bit higher.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

I don't know the peak number; I could probably extract it if I worked at it, but "just shy of 170" is precise enough for me.  That's a metric assload; dozens more than I have ever seen before.

-- X

That's nifty indeed. Mmm numbers.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Rather awesome.

That being said, I thought this thread was about todays woot off.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

The part that scares me the most about these graphs, is that it seems there is always some staff on, at any time watching ur mudsex.

Quote from: MarshallDFX on December 09, 2009, 04:24:41 AM
The part that scares me the most about these graphs, is that it seems there is always some staff on, at any time watching ur mudsex.
To my knowledge, staff aren't usually interested in whatever PC's are doing if it doesn't affect the World in some way. So, if they glance at "you" and see your spam crafting without emotes, they'll probably make a note of it and/or harass you with random NPC's, and move on. If they catch you emoting, late at night, by yourself and being really good about it - same as before. If they happen upon you and another PC 'mudsexxin it up' while 30-50 are logged in, their going to roll their eyes and move on (or/and harass you with random NPC's, dependent upon your location). If there are only 10-15 logged on, though... Well... Maybe someone's -really- bored...
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 09, 2009, 05:02:26 AM
Quote from: MarshallDFX on December 09, 2009, 04:24:41 AM
To my knowledge, staff aren't usually interested in whatever PC's are doing if it doesn't affect the World in some way. So, if they glance at "you" and see your spam crafting without emotes, they'll probably make a note of it and/or harass you with random NPC's, and move on. If they catch you emoting, late at night, by yourself and being really good about it - same as before. If they happen upon you and another PC 'mudsexxin it up' while 30-50 are logged in, their going to roll their eyes and move on (or/and harass you with random NPC's, dependent upon your location). If there are only 10-15 logged on, though... Well... Maybe someone's -really- bored...

The barrel chested man suddenly burst through the door!

Holding his crossbow level, the barrel chested man says in sirish: "What're you doin' ta my daughter?!"

The young female former-maiden says in sirish, throwing her neked form infront of the scrawny young man: "Daddy, no!"

The scrawny young man panics!

The scrawny young man flees north, squeezing by the barrel chested man.

Heh, staff revenge sucks
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Quote from: Gagula on December 09, 2009, 07:17:03 AM
The barrel chested man suddenly burst through the door!

Holding his crossbow level, the barrel chested man says in sirish: "What're you doin' ta my daughter?!"

This thread is now about, um...Armageddon.  ;)

(For the record, we've been told that staff do not, in the classical sense, Watch Mudtexting.)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Heh, one time I had to arrange some complicated thing with the staff IG through wishes and sends. When -- in an unrelated event -- my PC started getting into a threesome with some other characters the awkwardness was -delicious-. Sorry, Myrdryn!

On topic, holy shit that was a lot of players on the HRPT. I hope this means a permanent boost to our number of steady players, even a little bit.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Oh, they'll be back, if they want the antidote that is!
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Big congrats to everyone (staff especially) on this achievement!

I have noticed higher numbers of people in the days following the HRPT, particularly during hours I'd previously found to be a bit quiet.