Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:05:08 PM by daedroug
Changed title because I'm adding some other tiny little changes I'd like in new posts

just a quick change easy change for making the position in your prompt make a little more sense as well as to follow the fact that when your fighting it shows it and who your fighting. Anyways, it seems odd to me that it would show that and not the fact that your mounted and what your mounted on, rather then needing to add another variable to show what your mounted on.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

April 25, 2009, 07:05:54 PM #1 Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:20:50 PM by daedroug
I'd love to be able to watch while sitting, maybe not while resting but definitely sitting

Also'd be nice to be able to get things from packed containers. maybe by "get knife beetle's bag"?
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

I've posted this before, but I would love to have a directed talk command (i.e. a table version of tell). And I'll preemptively add that using a command emote of "to ~amos" is not the same thing.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I want to be be able to pay or otherwise convince observant NPCs (such as gaurds) to list all the characters they've seen pass by in the past x hours.

I want to be able to assess or value a container and be able to see it's "about half full" or what without having to drop/pick up the container or get it from another container.
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 11, 2011, 04:23:45 PM
Be a dick, but don't over-dick it.

For all appropriately sized weapons to be able to be sheathed on the back WITH a pack as well.

And to open my pack without standing up.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: Cutthroat on April 27, 2009, 06:59:47 AM
Quote from: number13 on April 27, 2009, 03:09:03 AM
I want to be be able to pay or otherwise convince observant NPCs (such as gaurds) to list all the characters they've seen pass by in the past x hours.

What about the vNPCs?

I suppose the guard could yield a short list of PCs mixed in with the randomly-generated sdescs of vNPCs.

I'd love it if clan leaders could get this kind of thing from their clan's "compound" (v)NPCs. Maybe just in whatever room has their clan gossip board, you'd type something like, "list activity" and you'd see who's been in and out in the past hour.

You could maybe even set this program to accept information from individuals..so maybe, set activity Out hunting would return: Amos is out hunting as of 8:30 AM EST and it would automatically reset to "Amos is in the compound" when Amos gets back and enters that room.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Shalooonsh on April 30, 2009, 10:10:51 AM
Quote from: WarriorPoet on April 29, 2009, 11:53:30 PM
For all appropriately sized weapons to be able to be sheathed on the back WITH a pack as well.

And to open my pack without standing up.

You can open a pack when in the sitting position, just not when resting.

To be able to open a pack while resting.

To not be told I cannot reach [insert table-like item here] while sitting at [insert couch like item here] even though I have the freedom to 'place' them consecutively with arrange, and rightly so. I don't want to have to 'draw' a couch to a coffee table in order to have them near each other.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

no more inventory, only items in hands

I want the Way to echo "gone" messages.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on May 01, 2009, 12:10:38 AM
I want the Way to echo "gone" messages.
A 'psiooc' command wold be nice, too.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I wish we had in-game OOC and newbie help channels.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I would like to see Drum beat echo for multiple rooms and grow fainter as they reach out.. seems more in keeping, especially in the open land.. say someone is in the grass, or a canyon, maybe the canyon walls would carry the echos even further confusing people as they try to follow it, making them become even more lost.. but when someone plays drum it would be cool to have reach out: Amos is riding around in the grass, and the faint beating of drums in the distance can be heard... Amos thinks could this be a celebration or war preperations?

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Synthesis on May 01, 2009, 02:00:09 AM
I wish we had in-game OOC and newbie help channels.
I actually wouldn't like this...
However a guest lounge where newbie's can jump into randomly generated characters and be shown the ropes by anyone thats hanging around. That way not only can they get help, they can test what they're getting help on out.
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

'Who C' for all coded clans.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Slay / Execute command to kill stunned/mortally wounded mobs without immense commad lag ala kill.

I have mercy off. Why do I have to do another kill for huge lag penalty because my character stopped attacking the mob?
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 11, 2011, 04:23:45 PM
Be a dick, but don't over-dick it.

I think that all lags should be removed, with the exception of a few. I'm ok with movement lag simply because I can't think of a better way to keep characters from moving around too quickly. But all combat lags (kill/kick/bash/disarm/backstab/sap/etc.) should be changed into something more along the lines of your character perhaps being off balance. When you use your scan skill, maybe instead of lag it just doesn't work for x amount of seconds, I'm not sure.

I find it annoying is all to type a command, watch it sit there for 20 seconds wondering if someone will attack me and I'll be locked into combat, instead of taking a few stronger hits but still being able to flee at will, for example.

Basically a more dynamic method of handling delays would be really interesting.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Quote from: elvenchipmunk on May 03, 2009, 10:12:18 PM
I think that all lags should be removed, with the exception of a few. I'm ok with movement lag simply because I can't think of a better way to keep characters from moving around too quickly. But all combat lags (kill/kick/bash/disarm/backstab/sap/etc.) should be changed into something more along the lines of your character perhaps being off balance. When you use your scan skill, maybe instead of lag it just doesn't work for x amount of seconds, I'm not sure.

I find it annoying is all to type a command, watch it sit there for 20 seconds wondering if someone will attack me and I'll be locked into combat, instead of taking a few stronger hits but still being able to flee at will, for example.

Basically a more dynamic method of handling delays would be really interesting.

And what's with the lag for psionics? It boggles me.

You send a psi to someone and cease contact before you get into a fight, and you've gotta wait for what feels like 20 friggin' seconds before you can do anything, watching helplessly as they get the jump on you.

Emotes to show up to any watching an adjacent room.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

The use of psionics not affecting crafting status.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I want the game to show when a player is not wearing pants or a shirt

<worn on body> Nothing
<worn on legs> Nothing

That way, punishing people by stealing their pants has more impact. It's sooooo much more fun than PK.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Noob:

>wish helpers How do you get water into a waterskin from a lake in the wilderness?

FantasyWriter:

newbie 126 sends to helpers:
     How do you get water into a waterskin from a lake in the wilderness?

>send 126 fill skin lake or fill skin pool

Noob:

A helper sends to you:
    fill skin lake or fill skin pool

>wish helpers Thanks!

Other helpers:

FantasyWriter sends to 126:
    fill skin lake or fill skin pool

127 sends to helpers: Thanks!

FantasyWriter:

newbie 127 sends to helpers:
Thanks!

>send 127 No problem. Glad to help!

More reasons I like this:
Staff can monitor helper contact with noobs directly without them having to read through emails.
Helpers can help while IG and not have to be flipping back and forth from MUSHClient, AIM, MSN, Email, and GDB messages.
Noobs get faster answers. (ANYTHING THAT MAKES IT EASIER ON THEM HELPS RETAIN THEM!!!)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

That's an awesome idea, FW, and I'd totally become a helper if it were implemented.

My random tiny want: some way to see how many of any particular item a shopkeep has.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

For all NPC's who have the ability to converse to respond to the SAME command and for it NOT to be a command that makes you look dumb if they are not capable of conversing.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game