Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1278624 times)

perfecto

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28875 on: April 01, 2019, 03:22:12 AM »
 I have to MOVE in a few short hours and the armageddon technician wont arrive for 8 days.. this makes me sad!   Protect my apartment wild Chalton I knocked out, subdued and dragged back to my bedroom..  You will be rewarded with (muffled quiet noises) of course...  Or if you just break the door down yourself to escape, I'd.. expect it.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

James de Monet

« Reply #28876 on: April 02, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »
That avatar's been on my guy since the day that avatar was able to be set.

I thought it WAS Moe.  Thatís it, yíall two are required to go roll up gladiators and fight to the death to resolve this.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE Ashvatar
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Cerelum

« Reply #28877 on: April 02, 2019, 05:49:35 PM »
That avatar's been on my guy since the day that avatar was able to be set.

I thought it WAS Moe.  Thatís it, yíall two are required to go roll up gladiators and fight to the death to resolve this.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE Ashvatar

Iíd be down with gladiators but who wants to roll a character thatís gonna die like right away?  Not me.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Cind

« Reply #28878 on: April 03, 2019, 06:57:52 AM »
Attend a scheduled Arena game as a native Allanaki and you kind of start getting it.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

MeTekillot

« Reply #28879 on: April 05, 2019, 10:11:08 PM »
I haven't laughed hard in years.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

Veselka

« Reply #28880 on: April 05, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »

You should have played around Vash. I had many a belly laugh with him.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

boog

« Reply #28881 on: April 07, 2019, 01:21:42 PM »

You should have played around Vash. I had many a belly laugh with him.

vash is mine, gtfoh
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Cerelum

« Reply #28882 on: April 10, 2019, 02:18:20 PM »
I take a once a day insulin called Basaglar.

My girlfriend picked up my new pen yesterday, I go to take it today and it says Humalog on the pen.

I call the pharmacy and the girl who answers says, "It must be the generic of Basaglar."

I ask to talk to the pharmacist, get told she's really busy, I say I'll wait.

Fifteen minutes later she comes on the phone and tells me that Humalog and Basaglar are totally different types of insulin.  And to not take it and throw it away and she'll replace my Basaglar, she apologizes all over which is fine.

When I tell her the girl who answered the phone said it was a generic of basaglar, she gets real quiet and says, "I'll have to talk to her, I'm so sorry, just let us know when you get to the counter."

So I think Walgreens just almost tried to kill me, or seriously fuck me up.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28883 on: April 10, 2019, 02:21:17 PM »
Moe's ghost possessed her and thirsts for revenge.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

Akaramu

« Reply #28884 on: April 15, 2019, 05:47:42 PM »
I stopped watching the Game of Thrones show a few seasons ago because I want to experience the book ending first, damn it!

...but those freaking TV show spoilers are EVERYWHERE and it's driving me bonkers.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28885 on: April 16, 2019, 05:13:50 PM »
That seems like a really bad decision. In another ten years, when the final book still isn't out, people will be spoiling that shit like people do with Vader or Dumbledore now.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #28886 on: April 16, 2019, 11:50:32 PM »
Does anyone else feel like GOT jumped the shark hard last season and has no reason to watch the next season?
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Cerelum

« Reply #28887 on: April 17, 2019, 12:03:23 AM »
Does anyone else feel like GOT jumped the shark hard last season and has no reason to watch the next season?

How did it jump the shark?

MeTekillot

« Reply #28888 on: April 17, 2019, 12:47:31 AM »
Terminal plummeting of writing quality after the loss of book material to draw from. Also, sand snakes

azuriolinist

« Reply #28889 on: April 17, 2019, 09:17:38 AM »
Terminal plummeting of writing quality after the loss of book material to draw from. Also, sand snakes

Yeep. I can't stand the lines delivered in the latest episode. They're lackluster compared to the dialogue of the first few seasons.

Ugh, the sand snakes.

Going to continue watching and holding out hope.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28890 on: April 17, 2019, 07:58:20 PM »
If you think this writing is that bad then either you must not enjoy much TV. Or your ability to enjoy something doesn't ever cloud your critical eye. Personally when I'm enjoying something as a whole, and I'm hyped up for the experience, the cheesy lines hit me as cool, and it feels very easy to gloss over something mediocre to get to something awesome as hell.

Like the sand snakes had the worst dialog in the entire show. But it was entirely forgettable and easy to ignore when you get a Hardhome, Or that scene of Stannis burning someone. Or the awesome Jamie/Bronn banter we got that season.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:30:32 PM by RogueGunslinger »

azuriolinist

« Reply #28891 on: April 17, 2019, 08:31:39 PM »
I never said it was bad, especially compared to other TV shows. But, IMO, it's declined the past few seasons. Game of Thrones set some very high standards in the first few seasons.

There were definitely some enjoyable moments in the last episode. I just found some of the dialogue jarring.

If you think this writing is that bad then either you must not enjoy much TV. Or your ability to enjoy something doesn't ever cloud your critical eye. Personally when I'm enjoying something as a whole, and I'm hyped up for the experience, the cheesy lines hit me as cool, and it feels very easy to gloss over something mediocre to get to something awesome as hell.

Like the sand snakes had the worst dialog in the entire show. But it was entirely forgettable and easy to ignore when you get a Hardhome, Or that scene of Stannis burning someone we love. Or the awesome Jamie/Bronn banter we got that season.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28892 on: April 17, 2019, 09:06:56 PM »
That was more-so in response to someone saying they didn't consider this season worth watching because of the last.

azuriolinist

« Reply #28893 on: April 17, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »
Oh. Woops!

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #28894 on: April 18, 2019, 11:22:10 AM »
Literally everything is more interesting than doing my job this month.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Riev

« Reply #28895 on: April 18, 2019, 11:58:06 AM »
Literally everything is more interesting than doing my job this month.

I have some documentation to write, that has been sitting in my queue for about a month.

I could write it up in less than 30 minutes, but I'd rather do absolutely anything else.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Cerelum

« Reply #28896 on: April 18, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »
I have had to tell five people today that me not knowing their email password is not being rude, I just wasnít there when they set it up.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28897 on: April 18, 2019, 09:44:11 PM »
It is going to be 80's and gorgeous this weekend. They are making me work.

Fuckers.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

MeTekillot

« Reply #28898 on: April 20, 2019, 08:44:45 PM »
Why do people eat louder when they're feeling insecure? What a strange correlation.

Cerelum

« Reply #28899 on: April 20, 2019, 09:06:30 PM »
My job is closed tomorrow for Easter, so they decided to allow all these people  who waited till the last minute to come in and get their shit fixed today.  But some shit canít be fixed while you wait so I just had someone yelling at me about how the world works.  A 2 hour repair canít be done at 9pm when you close at 9 and everyone else leaves at 10.