Names of Elves...and other races for that matter.

Started by Solas, September 06, 2004, 04:49:13 PM

You guys know of names other than longneck and sharp-ear that people have called elves?

Skinny, Slant-Eye, Quickfinger...it can be anything, really.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Neckers, sand-babies (for desert elves)
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Thief! Thief!

There are just too many to name, and some are according to the race your playing.

Elves and dwarves and maybe others often call humans roundears, elves will call them and others weaklegs and such, dwarves will often refer to them as soft/softskins. Humans often call dwarves stubby, but elves more often call them stuntlegs.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

You can call one Runner, dead, rinthi scum, feckin' piece o' kank rapin' shit, Thief Thief, whoreson of a damn kank raping bastard
Call them anything is my point.

For the post Below me.
Dwarf- Shin biter, stumpy, bald shit, half giant testicle, Short ass ginka rat (To short for anything else. ;) Not really. But its insulting) fecker, Gurth shell (Just what I have heard IG)
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Elves: Longneck, skinny, too-tall, slant-eye, sharp-ear, razor-ear, quickfinger, stickfinger, stickleg, long-leg, sand-foot, sand-crawler, dune-crawler, shrub-crawler.
Dwarf: Stubby, stumpie, baldie, baldneck, stuntleg, shorty, blocky, blockhead, short-leg, short-finger, 'sid-digger (refrencing the race's origins as slaves).
Half-Elf: Halfbreed, half-man, too-tall, sharp-ear (if applicable), razor-ear (if applicable), mutt, slant-eye (if applicable), round-ear (if applicable), sand-crawler, dune-crawler, shrub-crawler.
Human: Round-ear, stuntleg, short-leg, fatleg, fat-finger, stone-foot, too-tall, hairy.
Halfling: Anklebiter, kneebiter, shrub-crawler, flesheater, baby-eater, too-short, shorty, short-leg, stuntleg.
Half-Giant: Halfbreed, half-man, mutt, too-tall, fathead, fat-fist, fat-finger, fat-leg, overgrown.
Mantis: Bug, bug-eye, bug-leg, dune-crawler, sand-crawler, flesheater, baby-eater.
Mul: Halfbreed, half-man, mutt, too-tall, arena act, arena fodder, short-finger, fatfinger, empty quivers.
Clearly, some slurs are not specific to any race. A 'dune-crawler' could be anyone that is of tribal origin, has tribal ancestors, or even just spends a lot of time in the desert. Anyone other than a halfling would be a 'too-tall' to a dwarf. If you're looking for insults and slurs that refer to only one race, your best bet would be:
Elf: Sharpear.
Human: Roundear.
Dwarf: Baldneck.
Half-Elf: Halfbreed.
Halfling: Anklebiter.
Half-Giant: Anything relating to their abysmal intellect.
Mantis: Anything relating to their non-humanoid, animalistic nature, or otherwise not recognizing them as sentient.
Mul: Anything relating to their origins from slavery or their inability to produce offspring.
Hope that gives you some ideas. I've always felt that the best insults are made up on the spot, possibly using a few slurs for flavor. For example:
The sneering elf says, in sirihish:
"Not even Krath could burn sense into that rocky head of yours, you 'sid-hauling, stunt-legged baldneck."
The red-faced dwarf says, in sirihish:
"Say that again, sharpear, and I'll cut those slanted eyes right from your fekking skull!"
Just some thoughts.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Sandhopper is another common moniker used to describe desert elves.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Or dunehopper, or sandrunner (for desert elves). Though the second isn't really an insult per se.

Are there name's for templars and nobles?  :lol:

Lord, Lady
Lord Templar, Lady Templar
Chosen Lord, Chosen Lady
Faithful Lord, Faithful Lady

Other terms are ... inadvisable ;)
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

QuoteLord, Lady
Chosen Lord, Chosen Lady

Other terms are ... inadvisable

What might be these 'other terms'?  :roll:

Erm...I use 'scrubhopper' as a derogatory phrase for northerners.  I imagine sandhopper could be used the same way for the south.  Though that would be a cheap rip-off of -my- insult :P
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: "Solas"
Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"Lord, Lady
Chosen Lord, Chosen Lady

Other terms are ... inadvisable  :wink:
What might be these 'other terms'?
You might try:

Robe-wearing Pansy
Tek's Whore
Polisher of the Sun-king's Rod
or perhaps, simply "Smoochy."

Let me know how it works out for you, okay?
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Spoon wrote:
QuoteFeckers. They're all feckers.
No they're not. They're fekkers.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"Spoon wrote:
QuoteFeckers. They're all feckers.
No they're not. They're fekkers.

From a phonetic point of view, they're both.